Iran says nuke enrichment continues 'non-stop'

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
RTO
BANNED

Iran says nuke enrichment continues 'non-stop'

Post by RTO »

TEHRAN - Iran is pressing on with uranium enrichment "non-stop," its envoy to the U.N. nuclear agency was quoted as saying on Saturday, despite a world powers' offer of economic incentives to coax Tehran into halting such activities.

The Islamic Republic also appeared to dismiss any suggestion of freezing nuclear work it says is for generating electricity but which the West suspects is aimed at making bombs.

Six major powers, including the United States, last week offered Iran help in developing a civilian nuclear program and other benefits in their latest attempt to resolve a long-running row that has helped pushed oil prices to record highs.

Iran's chief nuclear negotiator said Tehran was ready to start negotiations "based on a win-win principle," the official IRNA news agency said. But it "will not bow to any illogical demands that would deprive it of its rights to continue with its peaceful nuclear activities," Saeed Jalili added.

Link To Story....
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Yup, and in addition to that, they've taken a 'I dare you' approach to Israels 'test mission' the other day.
BBC wrote:Iran has said it considers a military attack on its nuclear facilities by Israel as "impossible".

"Such audacity to embark on an assault against the interests and territorial integrity of our country is impossible, said spokesman Gholam Hoseyn Elham.

The statement follows reports in the US media that Israeli aerial manoeuvres over the eastern Mediterranean were a possible test-run for a strike on Iran.
Article
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

TC204 wrote:I say we live with $6 a gallon gas and let Israel wack em!
I've thought about that, I've also thought that could be the beginning of WWIII (Armageddon IMHO)
and the end of the world as we know it as countries rush to line up to support each side.... :shock:
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

I think if Israel does hit Iran then Hizbollah will go back into high gear but that is about it.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Darksaga wrote:I think if Israel does hit Iran then Hizbollah will go back into high gear but that is about it.
I hope that is the worst that happens. Remember, it's all fun and games till 2/3rds of your country is nuked. Then all the 'I'm sorries' in the world won't get your country back.
Space-One03
Ranger

Post by Space-One03 »

Darksaga wrote:I think if Israel does hit Iran then Hizbollah will go back into high gear but that is about it.
Your Naive.............

That would send the whole middle east into an uproar that would make the war on terror look like a domestic disturbance.

RTO you hit the nail right on the head. That would definitely in my opinion bring us to the final days. It looks like we might have to wax a whole lot more Islamists not too far down the line. :twisted:
C co. 2/75 Rgr. Rgt. 04-07
RS 06-06
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

TC204 wrote:
RTO wrote:
I've thought about that, I've also thought that could be the beginning of WWIII (Armageddon IMHO)
and the end of the world as we know it as countries rush to line up to support each side.... :shock:
I don't think anyone is stupid enough to start hurling nukes all over the place. Surely they all know we have 100 times more nukes than them. It's still a deterrent. In theory
:wink:
True, maybe. Then again, look at the sort of people (and I use that term loosely) that our country is dealing with in Iraq & Afghanistan that think it makes complete sense to plant random roadside bombs and strap on pounds of explosives to their bodies and blow themselves up.

Yes, I would say our nukes ARE a deterent against people with common sense. But those are not the sort of people we are dealing with in the sandbox.

I can't imagine the people of Iran have any more common sense, and I wonder about Israel sometimes as well.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

JLTW!!! wrote:
RTO wrote:

It has already started......

In ancient Norse mythology, the final battle ,
where almost everything in the universe will be torn asunder and destroyed is known as Ragnarok!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

TC204 wrote:
RTO wrote:
I don't think anyone is stupid enough to start hurling nukes all over the place. Surely they all know we have 100 times more nukes than them. It's still a deterrent. In theory
:wink:
Nukes do not work in this scenario for a multitude of reasons. The simple one being that you are not fighting nations but ideologies or regimes.

Nuking Iran to get rid of the Mullahs,Ahmadinejad and their nukes is as pointless as nuking America to get rid of Bush.

The idea is to change regimes in our favor, which then sways the majority of the country's population, which in turn allows us to keep them at bay. Economical and developmental aid at their most basic level will do more to keep the people from turning into radicals than the use of a nuke.

Return to “The News Dump”