Time and place, retard.

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
CatFish Driver
Ranger
Posts: 954
Joined: June 2nd, 2006, 12:28 am
Location: Keeping the dirty side down

Time and place, retard.

Post by CatFish Driver »

Dumbass

As much as I would like to do the same thing sometimes, there is a proper time and place for everything. If you are going to do something like this, at least don't let the villagers see you and clean the evidence.

As much as I despise most things islamic, there is such a thing as being an ugly american.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater

User avatar
Bugsy
Ranger
Posts: 5626
Joined: May 25th, 2004, 3:24 pm

Post by Bugsy »

Image

Not to hijack your thread Ranger (just thought I throw in some humor), However I agree with your analysis. Shooting the Quran just serves to stir shit up further for the enemy to recruit additional members against us. (and that part ain't funny at all)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Darksaga
Soldier
Posts: 1264
Joined: June 30th, 2005, 9:16 am
Location: Colorado

Post by Darksaga »

I have a feeling his stupidity is going to be painful for a lot of people later on.

AND seriously WTF!! This is SSG not some slick sleeve private! :evil: :evil:
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams

User avatar
Tater Nuts
Ranger/Moderator
Posts: 4367
Joined: September 24th, 2003, 6:05 am
Location: East Tennessee

Post by Tater Nuts »

Would or did we issue apologies for the destruction of copies of "mein kampf" in WW2 ?
A Co. 1/75 79-81
RIP 4-79 (Honor Grad)
class 4-80 (white thread)

User avatar
K.Ingraham
Ranger
Posts: 6143
Joined: January 25th, 2005, 11:59 am
Location: two days before the day after tomorrow.
Contact:

Post by K.Ingraham »

We are not at war with Islam. The enemy is Islamic, yes, but Islam is not the enemy.
Nostalgia for a nice simple black & white war like WW2 is fine and good but this war has a few more subleties. One bozo undoes the work of hundreds, nay, thousands of troops in that area.
We are in a war where the primary battleground IS how people think. Bad enough our own media wants to aid & abet the enemy by refusing to report progress, we have assholes like this to grow the enemy and give CNN more snack food?
Last week's DSC award is ignored in favor of this asshole? He needs to go to Leavenworth for inspiring attacks on GIs, not get rewarded by merely cuttting his tour short.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

User avatar
Tater Nuts
Ranger/Moderator
Posts: 4367
Joined: September 24th, 2003, 6:05 am
Location: East Tennessee

Post by Tater Nuts »

K.Ingraham wrote:We are not at war with Islam. The enemy is Islamic, yes, but Islam is not the enemy.
Nostalgia for a nice simple black & white war like WW2 is fine and good but this war has a few more subleties. One bozo undoes the work of hundreds, nay, thousands of troops in that area.
We are in a war where the primary battleground IS how people think. Bad enough our own media wants to aid & abet the enemy by refusing to report progress, we have assholes like this to grow the enemy and give CNN more snack food?
Last week's DSC award is ignored in favor of this asshole? He needs to go to Leavenworth for inspiring attacks on GIs, not get rewarded by merely cuttting his tour short.
I don't know if this was in reply to my question or not, I am gathering facts, not yet making a statement.
A Co. 1/75 79-81
RIP 4-79 (Honor Grad)
class 4-80 (white thread)

Horned Toad
Ranger
Posts: 3840
Joined: November 26th, 2003, 1:27 am
Location: USA

Post by Horned Toad »

If muslims showed other religions the respect they want I would cry foul on this, but mulsims destroy other religions books and building all the time. How many mosques in India are made from destroyed Hindu temples? How many Buddas have been blown up? How many times have muslim ragheads taken over a Jewish or Christian building in the ME and tore the shit out of it, pissed on the floors, and tore up bibles? So until the so called moderate muslims stand up and decry the actions of these supposed radicals that do these other acts I say fuck em. To not acknowledge that islam and muslims have been at war with all other religions since muhammad came out of his cave seems to me like folks are ignoring a huge part of history.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92

User avatar
Richard Cranium
Ranger
Posts: 3160
Joined: March 27th, 2007, 7:40 am
Location: Putting two in your breathers and one in your sneezer!

Post by Richard Cranium »

Horned Toad wrote:If muslims showed other religions the respect they want I would cry foul on this, but mulsims destroy other religions books and building all the time. How many mosques in India are made from destroyed Hindu temples? How many Buddas have been blown up? How many times have muslim ragheads taken over a Jewish or Christian building in the ME and tore the shit out of it, pissed on the floors, and tore up bibles? So until the so called moderate muslims stand up and decry the actions of these supposed radicals that do these other acts I say fuck em. To not acknowledge that islam and muslims have been at war with all other religions since muhammad came out of his cave seems to me like folks are ignoring a huge part of history.
x2!!! "Peaceful" religion my ass! Having said that, this NCO should have known better...or at least policed up the fuckin' evidence and disposed of it! :? Either, he is an idiot! Maybe he doesn't remember how the pics from Abu Gharib sparked their anger and willingness to fight?
"The way of the warrior is in training" ~Sun Tzu

Practice honesty, Fear nothing!




Done a few years in Light, Mech, and Airborne Infantry.

Class 03-07

Darksaga
Soldier
Posts: 1264
Joined: June 30th, 2005, 9:16 am
Location: Colorado

Post by Darksaga »

Rangers,

The long and the short of is the actions by this SSG gave validity to the claims that AQ, Hezbollah, Iran, Madhi Army etc etc have been saying about the US.

There is going to be a surge in enemy recruitment. There are going to be more attacks.

Plain and simple.

Cut and dry.

This true measure of this asshole's actions are going to be measured in lives lost.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams

Horned Toad
Ranger
Posts: 3840
Joined: November 26th, 2003, 1:27 am
Location: USA

Post by Horned Toad »

Yep, islam the religion of peace, if you don’t believe it they will kill you.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92

RRDTm3
Ranger
Posts: 5698
Joined: November 20th, 2003, 5:45 pm
Location: In the Valley of Turds

Post by RRDTm3 »

Had I been Maj. Gen. Jeffrey Hammond I would have told them all to get over it and ETADIK. You can behead someone and use kids as bombers and still want our sympathy of a fucking book. These same spinless Generals along with the politic's involved in this war have lost the Iraq war.

When it comes to fighting the war, if we had the same mind set as our enemies we would be well respected bad ass mother fuckers!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself

User avatar
Bugsy
Ranger
Posts: 5626
Joined: May 25th, 2004, 3:24 pm

Post by Bugsy »

RRDTm3 wrote:Had I been Maj. Gen. Jeffrey Hammond I would have told them all to get over it and ETADIK. You can behead someone and use kids as bombers and still want our sympathy of a fucking book. These same spinless Generals along with the politic's involved in this war have lost the Iraq war.

When it comes to fighting the war, if we had the same mind set as our enemies we would be well respected bad ass mother fuckers!
Well I guess that puts it in proper perspective. Yeah it will increase recruitment, but you're right Bubba, with the proper attitude concerning this fuck up, it would put those motherfuckers on notice.......

SO WHAT!!!

FUCK YOU!!!

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY!!!
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

User avatar
The Holmchicken
Ranger
Posts: 3943
Joined: July 29th, 2003, 3:17 pm

Post by The Holmchicken »

K.Ingraham wrote:We are not at war with Islam. The enemy is Islamic, yes, but Islam is not the enemy.
Nostalgia for a nice simple black & white war like WW2 is fine and good but this war has a few more subleties. One bozo undoes the work of hundreds, nay, thousands of troops in that area.
We are in a war where the primary battleground IS how people think. Bad enough our own media wants to aid & abet the enemy by refusing to report progress, we have assholes like this to grow the enemy and give CNN more snack food?
Last week's DSC award is ignored in favor of this asshole? He needs to go to Leavenworth for inspiring attacks on GIs, not get rewarded by merely cuttting his tour short.

I agree with this completely. At the same time, I'd appreciate it if the locals would stop using us for target practice. Just saying.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care


75th RRA

User avatar
DoorGunner
CrewChief/Ranger Parent/Rest In Peace, Brother
Posts: 2726
Joined: April 24th, 2004, 5:27 am
Location: Boston, MA

Post by DoorGunner »

What would happen if one of them did it to the Holy Bible..........
A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for the amount of, "Up to and including my Life." This is Honor, and there are way to many people in this country that no longer understand it!

RVN 72-73
UH1H/U-21 1st Aviation Brgd.
Crewchief

User avatar
PocketKings
Ranger
Posts: 2017
Joined: April 20th, 2007, 2:05 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Post by PocketKings »

Exactly, it's a book. Why are we wasting perfectly good bullets on a book. We should be putting them in skulls.

Shit. I could've done better with a match.

Kids these days are so wasteful and inefficient.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03

Post Reply

Return to “The News Dump”