Woman indicted in Missouri MySpace suicide case

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Ops NCO
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Woman indicted in Missouri MySpace suicide case

Post by Ops NCO »

While I think the girl who killed herself certainly had issues to begin with, I'm glad to see this parent get indicted.....
--------------------------------------------------------------
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A federal grand jury on Thursday indicted a Missouri woman for her alleged role in perpetrating a hoax on the online social network MySpace against a 13-year-old neighbor who committed suicide.

Lori Drew of suburban St. Louis allegedly helped create a false-identity MySpace account to contact Megan Meier, who thought she was chatting with a 16-year-old boy named Josh Evans. Josh didn't exist.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200805 ... A9IG0.html
11B2P
B Co 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

It's about time. This lady needs to have her head pulled out of her ass. I hope she gets fried. A grown woman picking on a 13 y/o girl that already had issues. I hope she likes grown women.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

rgrking wrote:It's about time. This lady needs to have her head pulled out of her ass. I hope she gets fried. A grown woman picking on a 13 y/o girl that already had issues. I hope she likes grown women.
Yup. She needs some 400lbs landwhale to beat some sense into what'll be left of her head.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I feel as though the parents of the dead girl deserve some of the blame too.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

I blame Tom, inventor and first friend of everybody on Myspace. Without him, none of this would have happened.

I also partially blame Al Gore, inventor of the internet. I also blame the IBM corporation, inventor of personal computers as well as Bill Gates, inventor of the operating system she was more than likely using at the time of her death.

I also partially blame Ben Franklin, without whom electricity as we know it to power her computer would not be possible.

Return to “The News Dump”