Women of Iraq sign up to fight back

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Ops NCO
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Women of Iraq sign up to fight back

Post by Ops NCO »

Something I thought was interesting....

YUSUFIYAH, Iraq — Entisar Yossif Yaqub’s closest brush with the terror that has paralyzed Iraq came a year ago.

She and her husband were on the road when a car full of masked men forced them to pull over. The couple were forced to get into the car with their armed kidnappers, driven to a house and questioned for three hours while blindfolded.

Full story here: http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=293626
11B2P
B Co 1/508 Inf (Abn) and 3/505 PIR
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Excellent story. To see many women in line awaiting their chance to be interviewed for the job is just amazing to me. Good luck ladies.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

Thanks. I missed this story.

Very interesting indeed. It will be important to see what changes will come about because of this.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams

Return to “The News Dump”