Patriot?

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

I never knew there was an actual code of conduct for when the National Anthem was played. I always used to put my hands behind my back when I was in high school instead of over my heart. I thought the stance to be more respectful than to put my arm up...

Obviously he knows what is right and wrong unlike what I did when I was younger... I can see sometimes going against the grain to prove a point, such as the pin thing. I do think some people who are out to ruin this country wear it only because it makes them look like a Patriot. But for trying to become the leader of this country, I find his decision in this manner to be most certainly poor at best.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Ranger Bill wrote: Not to highjack, but as a reminder, US Code was ammended this summer and Service Members and Veterans not in uniform are now authorized to render a hand salute to the flag.
Ranger Bill, can you give us a link or something ? I was unable to find the amended US Code on the net. I would like to have it in written that I can now salute.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Flesh Thorn wrote:
Ranger Bill wrote: Not to highjack, but as a reminder, US Code was ammended this summer and Service Members and Veterans not in uniform are now authorized to render a hand salute to the flag.
Ranger Bill, can you give us a link or something ? I was unable to find the amended US Code on the net. I would like to have it in written that I can now salute.
The message I reeived about this was ahead of its time. In the Senate, SB 1877 was unaminously passed in August. In the House, HR 3380 has been in committee since September. I appologize for not verifying this before I posted.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

Oto-Man wrote: Last time my redneck ass checked (and it has been a couple of years) there was some shit in the constitution that talked about .....Church over here...state goes over there....and they stayed kinda seperate
Ranger Oto-Man,

The "Separation of Church and State" policy is not in the Constitution. The modern idea of separating church and state came from a letter Thomas Jefferson wrote to the Danbury Baptists' in 1802. He referenced the 1st Amendment in that letter, stating that people have the right to practice whatever religion they wish and that there will be no established religion within the United States. He concluded that "[there is] a wall of seperation between Church and State" The 1st Amendment only guarantees that there is the freedom of religion, but does not say that there is a separation of church and state. That policy became popular only after Jefferson's letter.

I mean no disrespect, Ranger Oto-Man, but I was kicked out of my Literature class last semester because my asshole ex-CID teacher tried to make me look stupid and "prove to him" that it doesn't. Once I did, he kicked me out for the day. (Just to show how much of an asshole this guy is, I missed two days of school when I went to MEPS. When I returned, I was told that I had missed a test. Although the school excused my absence, he gave me a 0 and wouldn't let me make it up. It took having our assistant principal, an ANG Major, give me the test himself to get credit for it.)

As for Obama, he definately doesn't have my vote after seeing this. There's no excuse for it; it's common courtesy and just outright American to salute our flag during the National Anthem.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I have to search, but there's was something about Obama being questioned about this and he said he "didn't feel like it.". :roll:
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Here's US Senate Bill 1877; This bill has been passed in the Senate. The bill now goes on to be voted on in the House. Similar to House Bill 3380; This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills go first to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills never make it out of committee.

A bill to amend title 4, United States Code, to prescribe that members of the Armed Forces and veterans out of uniform may render the military salute during hoisting, lowering, or passing of flag.
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

DRM wrote:
Oto-Man wrote: Last time my redneck ass checked (and it has been a couple of years) there was some shit in the constitution that talked about .....Church over here...state goes over there....and they stayed kinda seperate
Ranger Oto-Man,

The "Separation of Church and State" policy is not in the Constitution. The modern idea of separating church and state came from a letter Thomas Jefferson wrote to the Danbury Baptists' in 1802. He referenced the 1st Amendment in that letter, stating that people have the right to practice whatever religion they wish and that there will be no established religion within the United States. He concluded that "[there is] a wall of seperation between Church and State" The 1st Amendment only guarantees that there is the freedom of religion, but does not say that there is a separation of church and state. That policy became popular only after Jefferson's letter.

I mean no disrespect, Ranger Oto-Man, but I was kicked out of my Literature class last semester because my asshole ex-CID teacher tried to make me look stupid and "prove to him" that it doesn't.
Once I did, he kicked me out for the day. (Just to show how much of an asshole this guy is, I missed two days of school when I went to MEPS. When I returned, I was told that I had missed a test. Although the school excused my absence, he gave me a 0 and wouldn't let me make it up. It took having our assistant principal, an ANG Major, give me the test himself to get credit for it.)

As for Obama, he definately doesn't have my vote after seeing this. There's no excuse for it; it's common courtesy and just outright American to salute our flag during the National Anthem.
As far as freedom OF religion, it is implied by the founding Papa's (of which I think Jefferson was one?!?) that it meant Freedom from Gubment Sanctioned and Required Religion...or sumtin' like dat dare... therefore it's in there....do push-ups...smart ass college boy...:wink:

Quote Jefferson on your first Night Combat Jump Below 500ft AGL...and then I'll side with you... 8)

And I bet you have a 125 GT Score to...don'tcha skippy....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drive on then...drive on...
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Wait.....

Was that......

Was that a Mustard Stain check I just heard? :shock: :wink: :lol:
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

I was good... I was good... I didn't say anything, I bit my tongue...

My sensitivity classes are starting to work, seems like... 8)
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Oto-Man wrote:
DRM wrote:
Ranger Oto-Man,

I mean no disrespect, Ranger Oto-Man, but I was kicked out of my Literature class last semester because my asshole ex-CID teacher tried to make me look stupid and "prove to him" that it doesn't.
Once I did, he kicked me out for the day. (Just to show how much of an asshole this guy is, I missed two days of school when I went to MEPS. When I returned, I was told that I had missed a test. Although the school excused my absence, he gave me a 0 and wouldn't let me make it up. It took having our assistant principal, an ANG Major, give me the test himself to get credit for it.)

As far as freedom OF religion, it is implied by the founding Papa's (of which I think Jefferson was one?!?) that it meant Freedom from Gubment Sanctioned and Required Religion...or sumtin' like dat dare... therefore it's in there....do push-ups...smart ass college boy...:wink:

Quote Jefferson on your first Night Combat Jump Below 500ft AGL...and then I'll side with you... 8)

And I bet you have a 125 GT Score to...don'tcha skippy....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate to say it....but oto-man got PWNED!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution is a part of the United States Bill of Rights. It prohibits the federal legislature from making laws "respecting an establishment of religion" (the "Establishment Clause") or that prohibit free exercise of religion (the "Free Exercise Clause"), laws that infringe the freedom of speech, infringe the freedom of the press, limit the right to assemble peaceably, or limit the right to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

It is true that the phrase "separation of church and state" does not actually appear anywhere in the Constitution. There is a problem, however, in that some people draw incorrect conclusions from this fact. The absence of this phrase does not mean that it is an invalid concept or that it cannot be used as a legal or judicial principle.

Additionally, Article Six of the United States Constitution provides that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States". Prior to the inclusion of the Bill of Rights, this was the only mention of religious freedom in the Constitution.

While I'm not a very religious person, it's clear the founding fathers intended for some form of religion to be intermingled with government doctrine; noting that many aspects of church and state were intermingled at the time the Constitution was ratified. As such, it can be argued that a complete separation of church and state could not have been intended by the constitutional framers.

-Snippets of info. courtesy of about.com, wikipedia.com and theocracywatch.org.
US Army 1986 - 1994
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Obama's father was a radical muslim.

Obama's step-father was even more of a radical muslim.

Obama's mother is an athiest and a fucking hippie loving liberal.

When Obama was sworn in, he refused to use a Bible, he put his hand on the Kuran and took his oath of office.

Does anyone really want to vote for this fucking clown?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Cams: No I'm no Barack Obama fan and haven't even come close to settling on a candidate, but Snopes (and other sites) say false and false.

A more interesting tidbit is to know who has prior military experience.
US Army 1986 - 1994
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Oto-Man wrote:

The reason that "congress shall make no law respecting and establishment of religion" is in the constitution is that a number of the individual states already had laws that repsected and established a state religion. The clause was added to assure that the federal government did not do the same thing. At least that is what I learned in public school during the stone age.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “The News Dump”