Possible Oswald-CIA connection ?

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Possible Oswald-CIA connection ?

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Fifty years after shots rang out in Dealey Plaza, killing a larger-than-life figure and abruptly ushering in what one historian has called “the decade of shocks” – from Dallas to Watergate – the federal agency that stood at the center of seemingly all the intrigues and conspiracy theories of that shadowy era is still holding onto an estimated 1,100 documents relating to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

The Central Intelligence Agency told Fox News this week through a spokesman that the National Archives now has custody over those tantalizing documents, along with a larger group of 90,000 or so pages of agency files on the assassination that have already been released.

Federal law mandates that all known records relating to the assassination will be released by 2017, unless any agency objects, in which case the Assassination Records and Review Board would consider the appeal; but the spokesman said the CIA as of now has no plans to pose any such objections.

Among the material that remains classified are the files of a number of long-deceased CIA officials who are believed by researchers to have had knowledge about the movements and actions of Lee Harvey Oswald, the president’s assassin, in the months before Dealey Plaza.

Read More
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Possible Oswald-CIA connection ?

Post by Jim »

Get out your tinfoil hats, boys and girls.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Jim wrote:Think this may clear up a lot:

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/11/lee-h ... rial-wall/

I wouldn't pay any attention to Duffle Blog story's.

On same page another story about Marines has this about source:
Note: This story was originally published in Al-Daffla Blog, a joint media venture between The Duffel Blog and Al Jazeera.

Read more: http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/12/marin ... z2lZGAjT6g

And yet another story about Tom Cruises 39th combat deployment & PTSD making movies.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Steadfast wrote:

Note: This story was originally published in Al-Daffla Blog, a joint media venture between The Duffel Blog and Al Jazeera.

And yet another story about Tom Cruises 39th combat deployment & PTSD making movies.
Duffelblog is satire -- as is Onion. Occasionally news services pick up their satire and treat it as serious news.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

Jim wrote:
Steadfast wrote:

Duffelblog is satire -- as is Onion. Occasionally news services pick up their satire and treat it as serious news.
I get at least one good laugh a week from the Duffelblog.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

wazzle wrote:The book " Mortal Error" and the TV program "JFK The Smoking Gun" give compelling evidence the third shot fired that hit Kennedy in the head came from an AR15 fired accidently by a secret service agent in the car following Kennedy. It is worth a read.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
No, it is not. I love all the "new" information that has "never been seen before" dragged out every year because the news media is too lazy or too stupid to realize that this shit has been done and redone, again and again and again, every few years like clockwork.

Been there. Done that. AR15 theory goes back to 1992 and was debunked then.

For some reason the American public cannot believe that one lone fanatical guy could do this much damage to a Republic. It has to be a conspiracy, and depending on the generation, each decade there is a new boogie man for the conspiracy.

1960s - we didn't like communists so Kruschev and Castro did it
1970s - we didn't like what our government had done in Vietnam and other places, so the CIA did it
1980s - we didn't like what the mob was doing, so the mafia did it
1990s - we didn't like the new world order idea of Bush so the illuminati or some other shadow government did it
Now - we really don't trust our president, so the now a president, LBJ did it

Face it. One man did it, with an extremely easy shot... an 88 yard shot. You don't even zero your sniper rifle that close. Folks just cannot accept it though.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

rgrokelley wrote: Face it. One man did it, with an extremely easy shot... an 88 yard shot. You don't even zero your sniper rifle that close. Folks just cannot accept it though.
Great point, I think people often overlook the minimal skill required to make that shot. In most dramatic adaptations the shooter peers through the window at a target 600 meters away in a car doing 40 miles an hour.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Members of the SF Association place a wreath at JFK's gravesite.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/getty/ ... 0275&hl=en
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

[quote="wazzle"]The 16 degree down angle from right to left if the Oswald bullet hit Kennedy in the head would have ended up coming out through his lower face, not blowing out the right side of his head. Donahue covers the ballistics very extensively. I am just saying don't discount reading another take on the assassination. The Warren commission and the followup commission that was appointed years later both botched enough of the investigation.

You mention the AR15 was debunked in 1992. That is the year Donahue wrote the book Mortal Error.[/quote]

The problem with bullets and ballistics is that they never really do what you expect them to when fired into an object/person.

Bullets hit bones and changes direction all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL] 2
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

IEDmagnet wrote:
wazzle wrote:The 16 degree down angle from right to left if the Oswald bullet hit Kennedy in the head would have ended up coming out through his lower face, not blowing out the right side of his head. Donahue covers the ballistics very extensively. I am just saying don't discount reading another take on the assassination. The Warren commission and the followup commission that was appointed years later both botched enough of the investigation.

You mention the AR15 was debunked in 1992. That is the year Donahue wrote the book Mortal Error.
The problem with bullets and ballistics is that they never really do what you expect them to when fired into an object/person.

Bullets hit bones and changes direction all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
No shit. I actually had an SF guy on another site make a statement that "there is no way a single bullet would make multiple wounds"... it is almost as if they suspend everything they had ever seen their entire life, just because some guy selling a book tells them so.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”