Bottled water purchase leads to arrest

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Bottled water purchase leads to arrest

Post by Flesh Thorn »

When a half-dozen men and a woman in street clothes closed in on University of Virginia student Elizabeth Daly, 20, she and two roommates panicked.
That led to Daly spending a night and an afternoon in the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail. Her initial offense? Walking to her car with bottled water, cookie dough and ice cream just purchased from the Harris Teeter in the Barracks Road Shopping Center for a sorority benefit fundraiser.
A group of state Alcoholic Beverage Control agents clad in plainclothes approached her, suspecting the blue carton of LaCroix sparkling water to be a 12-pack of beer. Police say one of the agents jumped on the hood of her car. She says one drew a gun. Unsure of who they were, Daly tried to flee the darkened parking lot.

Read More
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Bottled water purchase leads to arrest

Post by Jim »

You can't make this kind of shit up!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Wtf? Jump on a vehicle hood, weapon drawn, for a 12 pack of beer, by a minor I presume? Someone's taken their mandate a touch too far.

That's some jackbooted, power tripping bullshit to me.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

KW Driver wrote:Wtf? Jump on a vehicle hood, weapon drawn, for a 12 pack of beer, by a minor I presume? Someone's taken their mandate a touch too far.

That's some jackbooted, power tripping bullshit to me.
I figured it was just an awful attempt at rule #1...always look cool. :lol:
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Wtf. Really? Sounds like an agency with not a whole lot to do, no SOP's and no supervision. Who knew ABC even had weapons. Might be a good time to review that policy after they settle the landmark lawsuit.

Teenage girls and a rack of beer that turned out to be bottled water.

Disgusting lack of professionalism, tactics and policy. Guess I can cross them off of my retirement jobs list.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I don't choose to live my life as one of the professionally outraged people in this world but I must say this was at best a colossal fuck-up and at worst a group of Goddamn morons with a badge trying to abuse their power oveer some young women.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I hope other LEOs give them hell. " FREEZE and drop that cookie dough!"
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Virginia State Police will review alcohol agents' arrest of a University of Virginia student after she bought sparkling water.

Alcohol Beverage Control Chairman Neal Insley said that he requested the independent administrative review after consulting with Secretary of Public Safety Marla Graff Decker.

Read More
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Flesh Thorn wrote:Virginia State Police will review alcohol agents' arrest of a University of Virginia student after she bought sparkling water.

Alcohol Beverage Control Chairman Neal Insley said that he requested the independent administrative review after consulting with Secretary of Public Safety Marla Graff Decker.

Read More
Sounds like ABC needs to review their tactics, techniques. and procedures (TTPs).
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”