North Colorado, 51st State ?

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

North Colorado, 51st State ?

Post by Flesh Thorn »

GREELEY, COLO. – Officials in eight northern Colorado counties united in opposition to the state's new gun control laws and oil and gas regulations are reportedly considering forming a 51st U.S. state called North Colorado.
The Denver Post reports that a proposal to separate Weld, Morgan, Logan, Sedgwick, Phillips, Washington, Yuma and Kit Carson counties from the rest of the state was hatched at a meeting of county commissioners last week.
Weld County commissioners Sean Conway, Mike Freeman and Doug Rademacher said they will conduct public meetings and decide whether to draft a ballot measure by Aug. 1., according to a report in The Greeley Tribune.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06 ... z2ViZbMjUu
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: North Colorado, 51st State ?

Post by Jim »

There is nothing common about common sense!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Is this the beginning?
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

It began in 1776. It has refreshed every 4 years or so. the fact that they can even contemplate it, openly discussing the idea, is one of the things that makes this a great nation.

Basically what we need right now is for political gravity to take effect and swing the pendulum the other way....

But I am an optimistic fuck sometimes....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

RangerX wrote:
Basically what we need right now is for political gravity to take effect and swing the pendulum the other way....

But I am an optimistic fuck sometimes....
Agreed, right to the middle. Then if we can make belonging to a political party illegal we might have a hope in hell.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

rangertough wrote:
Then if we can make belonging to a political party illegal we might have a hope in hell.

Tough
Oh man, when you dream, you dream BIG
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Southern Arizona is the more liberal area of AZ and they tried to become the 51st state in the last few years. The vote failed horribly. I was rooting for them to split. Mostly because I love chaos.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Unless they amend the Constitution, they cannot do this. They could try, but remember my area of the country tried to secede one time and it led to a bit of a disagreement (over half a million deaths to be exact).

Article IV section 3 of the US Constitution:

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

Only one state is allowed to make five seperate states from within its borders, and that is Texas. This is because Texas joined the union as a seperate nation, the Republic of Texas. The treaty with that nation states the clause about forming five seperate states. A treaty supercedes the US Constitution.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Since when did any one in the governemnt start caring about the constitution?
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Mike11C11B
Ranger

Post by Mike11C11B »

[quote="Baseplate"]Since when did any one in the governemnt start caring about the constitution?[/quote]

It's amazing how that document gets in the way of politicians that we wish would go away. And chaos would be you looking down and seeing your belt buckle...unless you're starving.
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

I grew up in Northern Colorado (Ft Collins) and I will say the changes in 20 years to the States political landscape are freaking scary.

Clinton threatened to take money for CO's roads if the State failed to ratify a bill acknowledging homosexuals as a minority (the State population had already voted against) in the mid-90's.

Now it's worse than Western Washinton.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
SpongeBob
Soldier

Post by SpongeBob »

Ft Collins.....sigh.....home of RANGER IPA.....and my inlaws.....yesh and FAT TIRE....lol

I love COLORADO and want to move there when I retire......skiing, hiking, beer, skiing!!
I guess it is like WASHINGTON....hmmm decisions...

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”