Two FBI HRT members killed in training

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Two FBI HRT members killed in training

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Two members of the FBI’s ultra-elite Hostage Rescue Team were killed Friday during a training accident involving a helicopter off the coast of Virginia Beach.
A spokeswoman for the FBI's Norfolk office, Vanessa Torres, confirmed Sunday the accident occurred Friday afternoon off the Virginia Beach coast, but did not provide additional details. The FBI said in a statement that the two men killed were Special Agent Christopher Lorek, 41, and Special Agent Stephen Shaw, 40.
"We mourn the loss of two brave and courageous men," FBI Director Robert S. Mueller said. "Like all who serve on the Hostage Rescue Team, they accept the highest risk each and every day, when training and on operational missions, to keep our nation safe. Our hearts are with their wives, children, and other loved ones who feel their loss most deeply. And they will always be part of the FBI Family."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/19/tw ... z2TpxbqtjV
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Re: Two FBI HRT members killed in training

Post by IEDmagnet »

RIP. We have worked with their HRT members in our region during the Upstate Shield functions. Highly professional officers. Prayers sent for their families.

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”