WVa Boy In Trouble Over NRA T-shirt

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

WVa Boy In Trouble Over NRA T-shirt

Post by Flesh Thorn »

A West Virginia teenager who was arrested and suspended from school after he refused to remove an NRA T-shirt is back in class.
Fourteen-year-old Jared Marcum of Logan returned to Logan Middle School on Monday after serving a one-day suspension.
His father, Allen Lardieri, told 13 News that the situation was exaggerated and said, "I don't see how anybody would have an issue with a hunting rifle and NRA put on a T-shirt, especially when policy doesn’t forbid it."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/23/da ... z2RIElOVJG

Suspension maybe , but arrest is a little too far.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: WVa Boy In Trouble Over NRA T-shirt

Post by Jim »

It has changed in the past 50 years since I graduated from HS. We had a hunting club, and some of the guys had rifles in a rack in their pick-ups.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

My mother was the captain of her high school rifle team in Florida. Yup, the times they have "a changed". What I find most unusual about this story is that it is coming from WV. Not exactly a hotbed of liberalism.....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

RangerX wrote:My mother was the captain of her high school rifle team in Florida. Yup, the times they have "a changed". What I find most unusual about this story is that it is coming from WV. Not exactly a hotbed of liberalism.....
All it takes is one person with the authority to make everyone look like a bunch of asshats.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

RangerX wrote:My mother was the captain of her high school rifle team in Florida. Yup, the times they have "a changed". What I find most unusual about this story is that it is coming from WV. Not exactly a hotbed of liberalism.....
Red and Blue states mean nothing to the education system. Progressive is a true meaning here. Little bit at a time. The NEA and other unions look at the long term goal, not short term. You would think Texas would be safe and secure in their conservatism, but look at all that has been in the news lately from them.

Teachers know that parents do not know, nor seem to care, what goes on in their schools. As long as junior is in that place for 8 hours each day... they are happy campers. The only time parents really get concerned about what goes on is when junior ends up failing or getting suspended. Solution to that... no failures. No interference. The indoctrination can continue unimposed.

Just yesterday I had one of my black students come into my class and tell me that his teacher told him that only blacks have no connection to their own country. They don't have their own customs. They don't have their own traditions. They don't have their own culture. It was all stolen from them when they were brought over here against their will. I told him that was a pretty stupid statement. None of us have the customs, traditions or culture if we have been here for more than five generations. We now have American customs, traditions and culture. I'm Irish but I'm not out there doing some Irish shit. I'm eating fried rice for dinner, celebrating Cinco De Mayo and watching the Sopranos on TV.

But this is how it begins. Slowly creating the distrust of your own beliefs and family values. By going to college it cements the deal. Total and absolute take over of all free thinking.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”