Colt Considering Leaving Connecticut

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Colt Considering Leaving Connecticut

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Colt's Manufacturing, the company that has made the iconic gun dubbed "The Peacemaker" for more than a century, could pull up its Connecticut stakes after coming under fire in the national debate over the Second Amendment.
President and CEO Dennis Veilleux said the pro-gun control climate that has taken hold in the wake of the Sandy Hook school massacre and other firearm attacks has left him feeling unwelcome in the state his company has called home for 175 years. Proposed laws being debated by the Legislature and pushed by Gov. Dannel Malloy include a new gun offender registry, an expanded assault weapons ban, ammunition restrictions and a ban on bulk purchases of handguns. Veilleux said those measures have put Colt and its nearly 700 employees in the crosshairs.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/21/co ... z2ODiw5uql
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Colt Considering Leaving Connecticut

Post by Jim »

We would certainly welcome them in Virginia!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Lomack27
Tadpole

Post by Lomack27 »

There's too many states that would be happy to have the revenue for them to stick around there. Good to see magpul move also.

Thanks,
Lomack27
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Post by RMP-RLTW »

What makes me happy about this is, it is exactly as the founders intended. States rights to make the laws and citizens rights (or businesses in this case) to move to another state if they so desire. Taking their revenue with them.

It's a beautiful thing!

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Ironic that we have so little support here in a state that used to have a huge arms manufacturing industry. You name it; it was either built here or invented here. Arms manufacturing put the People's Republic of Connecticut on the map. Shit, the original Winchester plant is built down to bedrock and literally cannot be torn down. So many are long gone; Remington, Winchester, Olin, Marlin.. Bushmaster is getting ready to leave and Colt will probably follow.

Punchline to the joke; the municipality that charges the highest taxes per capita in the union? None other than Bridgeport, Ct. (Former home of Remington Arms and Bridgeport Arsenal, where they manufactured the main guns for tanks)

Pathetic.. If my son were not here, I'd be gone in a flash too
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”