Photo Released of Obama Shooting Skeet

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Photo Released of Obama Shooting Skeet

Post by Flesh Thorn »

The White House has released a photograph of President Obama skeet shooting at Camp David -- some proof for critics skeptical about whether Obama, amid efforts to tighten gun control, saying he takes target practice at the presidential retreat and that he has a “profound respect” of the tradition of hunting.

The official photo apparently depicts Obama – wearing protective glasses and earmuffs -- firing the shotgun Aug. 4, 2012. It was released Friday on the White House’s Flickr account.

The back-and-fourth about whether the president indeed shoots clay targets – or “pigeons” – started after The New Republic on Sunday release an interview with the president in which he was asked if he had ever fired a gun.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02 ... z2JsZf1Ua1

"The president is holding the shotgun as one would hold and aim a rifle," said John H. Josselyn, legislative vice president for the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore Inc.
:D
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Photo Released of Obama Shooting Skeet

Post by Jim »

Obviously a slow news day.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Shoot gangsters, not skeet.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Those poor defenseless skeet. Aren't they a protect species?!?

Now I don't know much about those fancy club guns, but is it "normal" for it to smoke like a choo-choo train and vent gas 5 inches behind the muzzle? Seems most guns I see with crazy brake jobs vent in more than one direction too.

He does look like a natural born trigger puller in that picture though.....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

RangerX wrote: Now I don't know much about those fancy club guns, but is it "normal" for it to smoke like a choo-choo train and vent gas 5 inches behind the muzzle?
That caught my eye also. Photoshopped by the same person who did his birth certificate ?
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Bushwack
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Bushwack »

I shoot a fair amount of Trap. There are a couple of things I noticed.

1. Way to weld the gun to your cheek.
2. How does that cheek feel, I bet it was painful.
3. Shooters don't normally wear muffs; muffs interfere with your being able to get your head down on the barrels. Most people use ear plugs.
4. His grip looks a bit (A lot) forced.
5. His stance is f'd up.

The barrels on his gun are ported to reduce recoil. Target guns are often ported. (Most guns I have seen that are ported are done so on both sides of the barrel) The gun appears to be either a Browning or a Beretta. Hard to tell for certain in that pic. Often shooters will fire a round of 25 targets and then immediately move to another trap and shoot another 25 rounds. Sometimes a shooter will fire 100 rounds during a shoot. So a ported barrel cuts down a bit on a sore shoulder. 50 to 100 rounds of 12 ga. can get you a little sore. (I'm certain Obama the expert he is, knows all this
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

So what kind of smokey shotgun shells is he shooting ? Seems like a lot of smoke to me.
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Lomack27
Tadpole

Post by Lomack27 »

The gun is most likely compensated, However, I don't see a reason for that much smoke either.

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”