Twenty Years of Over-Estimated Global Warming

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Twenty Years of Over-Estimated Global Warming

Post by Flesh Thorn »

A preliminary draft of a report by the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change was leaked to the public this month, and climate skeptics say it contains fresh evidence of 20 years of overstated global warming.

The report -- which is not scheduled for publication until 2014 -- was leaked by someone involved in the IPCC’s review process, and is available for download online. Bloggers combing through the report discovered a chart comparing the four temperature models the group has published since 1990. Each has overstated the rise in temperature that Earth actually experienced.

“Temperatures have not risen nearly as much as almost all of the climate models predicted,” Roy Spencer, a climatologist at the University of Alabama at Huntsville, told FoxNews.com.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/01/ ... z2JMxshBHx
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Re: Twenty Years of Over-Estimated Global Warming

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Cooler weather cited for increase demands for coal:
http://www.onlinetes.com/nma-coal-outlook-12913.aspx
"Coal is on track to become the world's primary energy source—surpassing oil—by 2015, according to Wood McKenzie, two years ahead of the International Energy Agency's current estimate. Here at home, coal's contribution to meeting electricity demand will increase by nearly 45 million tons over 2012 levels, and total domestic consumption will rise by 50 million tons due to slight improvements in the U.S. economy; cooler weather; and natural gas prices that are expected to increase by 22%, according to the Energy Information Administration (EIA).
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Twenty Years of Over-Estimated Global Warming

Post by Jim »

Flesh Thorn wrote:Cooler weather cited for increase demands for coal:
http://www.onlinetes.com/nma-coal-outlook-12913.aspx
"Coal is on track to become the world's primary energy source—surpassing oil—by 2015, according to Wood McKenzie, two years ahead of the International Energy Agency's current estimate. Here at home, coal's contribution to meeting electricity demand will increase by nearly 45 million tons over 2012 levels, and total domestic consumption will rise by 50 million tons due to slight improvements in the U.S. economy; cooler weather; and natural gas prices that are expected to increase by 22%, according to the Energy Information Administration (EIA).
Coal use will not increase if the current Administration gets its way.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”