Republican Reminds Biden of 2nd Amendment

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Republican Reminds Biden of 2nd Amendment

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Vice President Biden was preparing to meet Thursday with the National Rifle Association to hear their side of the gun-control debate, but was already facing stiff criticism after claiming the White House could use "executive orders" to address new restrictions.
Republican lawmakers ripped Biden after the suggestion that the administration might go around Congress to implement some, yet unnamed, provisions.
"Vice President Biden would do well to read the 2nd Amendment and revisit the meaning of the phrase 'shall not be infringed,'" Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., said in a statement. "Bypassing Congress to implement radical policies is never acceptable."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01 ... z2HauC35ZU
The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence says that some 40 percent of gun sales are made without background checks, such as at gun shows and over the Internet.

Where on the internet can you buy a firearm without it being through a dealer with a FFL or C&R ? This is pure fantasy !! Private party transaction do take place at gun show parking lots, but could just as easily take place at McDonalds.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Republican Reminds Biden of 2nd Amendment

Post by Jim »

Just another attempt by this administration to circumvent the constitution.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Re: Republican Reminds Biden of 2nd Amendment

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I wonder how much of this is just for a big show compliments of both parties ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”