Boston Declares Public Health Emergency

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Boston Declares Public Health Emergency

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Boston declared a public health emergency Wednesday as flu season struck in earnest and the state reported 18 flu-related deaths so far.
The city is working with health care centers to offer free flu vaccines and hopes to set up places where people can get vaccinated. The city said there have been four flu-related deaths, all elderly residents, since the unofficial start of the flu season Oct. 1.
"The best thing you can do to protect yourself and your family is to get the flu shot," said Boston Mayor Thomas Menino.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/01/1 ... z2HaQaSEp8
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Boston Declares Public Health Emergency

Post by Jim »

I got mine. Everyone ought to be vaccinated.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Back when I was in the Army we were ordered to get the flu shot each year. No problem, I did. Every single year I got the flu within a few weeks of getting the flu vaccine.

Flash forward to now. I no longer are ordered to take a flu shot, so I don't do it. In the thirteen years since I have been out I only have got the flu twice.

No matter what they say they will never convince me that getting a flu shot does not give you the flu. My own anecdotal evidence proves it otherwise for me.

As to the big scare this year... the media has to find something to scare people, whether it be the Mayan apocalypse, the fiscal cliff, guns or the flu. No scare means no viewers.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

rgrokelley wrote:Back when I was in the Army we were ordered to get the flu shot each year. No problem, I did. Every single year I got the flu within a few weeks of getting the flu vaccine. I do not ever remember getting the flu shot in the service - they just used those jet guns on us.

Flash forward to now. I no longer are ordered to take a flu shot, so I don't do it. In the thirteen years since I have been out I only have got the flu twice. I didn't take the Flu shot for 10 or so years then the year the serum was scarce I skipped that year too. I take it maybe once every two years now. Just got it This past Tuesday.

No matter what they say they will never convince me that getting a flu shot does not give you the flu. My own anecdotal evidence proves it otherwise for me. Thats the idea, you get it to build up immunity.

As to the big scare this year... the media has to find something to scare people, whether it be the Mayan apocalypse, the fiscal cliff, guns or the flu. No scare means no viewers. Nurse said everyone complains it hurts hours afterwards. Didn't hurt going in nor afterwards. If my ex-wife was with me she'd of fainted watching me get the shot. :lol:
(Steadfast in bold)
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I get a flu shot every year. This year is the first year I have ever gotten the flu. It really knocked my dick in the dirt.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I say we start in Cambridge, Brookline and Arlington with flamethrowers to eradicate this public health issue.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

cams wrote:I say we start in Cambridge, Brookline and Arlington with flamethrowers to eradicate this public health issue.
Arlington, VA?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Jim wrote:
cams wrote:I say we start in Cambridge, Brookline and Arlington with flamethrowers to eradicate this public health issue.
Arlington, VA?
No Sir, Arlington, Massachusetts. Another liberal stronghold that borders Cambridge, MA and produces zombie like effects on our young.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

TC204 wrote:
That's a good start! I heard you can't get a Class A in Watertown unless you're a cop.
I'm surprised Watertown even has cops. We'll put them on the list as well. :mrgreen:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”