Petraeus Resignes as CIA Director

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

MsMarla
Ranger Mom

Re: Petraeus Resignes as CIA Director

Post by MsMarla »

I still think the whole thing started because they didn't want us to know what the CIA was really doing in Benghazi and has all snowballed on them because they are incompetent idiots.

Rush Limbaugh pointed out today that the affair will basically give the press an opportunity to discredit him and effectively nullify any future testimony in the eyes of the public.

Do you think the voter fraud story will gain any traction? I haven't seen anyone who is willing to pursue it other than Allen West and I think he is fighting a losing battle.
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

[quote="MsMarla"]

Rush Limbaugh pointed out today that the affair will basically give the press an opportunity to discredit him and effectively nullify any future testimony in the eyes of the public.[/quote]

In the legal world we call that impeaching the witness.
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

IEDmagnet wrote:
MsMarla wrote:
Rush Limbaugh pointed out today that the affair will basically give the press an opportunity to discredit him and effectively nullify any future testimony in the eyes of the public.
In the legal world we call that impeaching the witness.
Here's some others that are probably relevant:

Aiding and abetting
Collusion
Conspiracy
Perjury

Just to name a few.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
MsMarla
Ranger Mom

Post by MsMarla »

I don't even care what happens to Petraeus. I just want him to tell what he knows. It's the least he could do.

I had another thought, somewhat unrelated, but I have wondered if all these "scandals" being brought to light recently regarding high ranking officers and military officials have to do with tarnishing the military in the eyes of the public so that there will be no backlash over the deep cuts that are coming to our pay and benefits. If so I think it's already working. I heard some local conservatives on the radio today talking about how military spending really is out of control.

I wanted to call and point out that they could stop wasting money building day care centers and paying for sensitivity training but my husband is some what well known at the radio station and the base and I thought it might not go over well. LOL
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I thought this would an appropriate place to re-post this.

"It's amazing just how many lives have been lost, ruined, sent straight to the poorhouse or jail, countries destroyed, ships sunk, bodies burned, tortured, suicides, murders and just about any bad thing you can imagine....all because of a 2" flap of skin that is clearly controlled by a universal remote control on Satan hisself's fucking coffee table."
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

cams wrote:I thought this would an appropriate place to re-post this.

"It's amazing just how many lives have been lost, ruined, sent straight to the poorhouse or jail, countries destroyed, ships sunk, bodies burned, tortured, suicides, murders and just about any bad thing you can imagine....all because of a 2" flap of skin that is clearly controlled by a universal remote control on Satan hisself's fucking coffee table."
If the two inch flap of skin is the area around Obama's mouth, it would be relevant here. This has nothing to do with sex, and everything to do with political power. This is Obama's "night of the long knives". Remove the military as a threat, disgrace it. Right now the military is held in high regard by the public, but tear them down and you can replace them with a "Civilian National Security Force" that would be "just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded as the US Military.” And answerable to the Executive branch, not the legislative branch.

Homeland security?
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

rgrokelley wrote:Homeland security?
Could not agree with you more.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
MsMarla
Ranger Mom

Post by MsMarla »

We watched Dr. Zhivago this weekend. Unintentional irony. We were looking for an escape and it is about the bolshevik revolution and the futility of trying to fight against it. It was depressing. My husband says he is picking the movies from now on. LOL

The violence of the people who were trying to overthrow what they saw as an oppressive authority was shockingly brutal,especially against their fellow citizens, whose only crime was not agreeing with their "reforms".

Emigration is sounding more and more appealing.
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

MsMarla wrote: Emigration is sounding more and more appealing.
When Rome fell the dark ages descended upon Europe. The loss of the power, technology and educational advancement of one single country thrust the whole known world into ignorance, chaos, violence and bloodshed. It took Europe almost a thousand years to recover.

When the United States falls, what will happen to the world? We are the modern Rome.

Where will you run to that will be immune to this?

The answer... the Ranger answer... is to stand and fight. Whether with bullets or ballots, we need to stand together.
RS - DHG 5-85
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

rgrokelley wrote:
MsMarla wrote: Emigration is sounding more and more appealing.
When Rome fell the dark ages descended upon Europe. The loss of the power, technology and educational advancement of one single country thrust the whole known world into ignorance, chaos, violence and bloodshed. It took Europe almost a thousand years to recover.

When the United States falls, what will happen to the world? We are the modern Rome.

Where will you run to that will be immune to this?

The answer... the Ranger answer... is to stand and fight. Whether with bullets or ballots, we need to stand together.
Could not agree more. "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothiong."
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
MsMarla
Ranger Mom

Post by MsMarla »

I don't disagree at all our family seems to breed men with a strong urge to fight. I come from a long line of military and my husband served 22 years as a fighter pilot. He and my sons would never agree to leave. It is just my womanly instinct to want to preserve my home and children.

But in my dream life, we all go some where with less technology and government intrusion. I would definitely "live rough" if we could find some place like that to finish raising our kids with our "old fashioned values and faith".
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

MsMarla wrote:I don't disagree at all our family seems to breed men with a strong urge to fight. I come from a long line of military and my husband served 22 years as a fighter pilot. He and my sons would never agree to leave. It is just my womanly instinct to want to preserve my home and children.

But in my dream life, we all go some where with less technology and government intrusion. I would definitely "live rough" if we could find some place like that to finish raising our kids with our "old fashioned values and faith".
Good luck finding it. If it meets those criteria, most everyone else does not want to live there.

Montana?

Antartica?

That white spot on the map that is listed as "not surveyed" (been to one of those, somewhere in northwest Pakistan, where the Hindu Kush and the Himalayas meet)
RS - DHG 5-85

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”