Minorities now surpass whites in US births

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Minorities now surpass whites in US births

Post by Flesh Thorn »

America hit a demographic milestone last year, with new census figures showing for the first time more than half the children born in the U.S. were minorities.
That percentage just barely eked over the halfway mark, with minorities making up 50.4 percent of U.S. births in the 12-month period ending July 2011. But it marks a steady trend -- minorities represented 37 percent of births in 1990.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05 ... z1v8Q5LjRe
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Re: Minorities now surpass whites in US births

Post by rgrokelley »

eh, so what.

In a few generations the races will be mixed to the point that it won't matter any more. All that really counts is, do the brownish folks consider themselves American. If they do, bring it.

In my classroom over half the kids are "mixed" and they don't give a crap one way or the other about what color they are. They look at former generations that did as being really weird.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

rgrokelley wrote:eh, so what.

In a few generations the races will be mixed to the point that it won't matter any more. All that really counts is, do the brownish folks consider themselves American. If they do, bring it.

In my classroom over half the kids are "mixed" and they don't give a crap one way or the other about what color they are. They look at former generations that did as being really weird.

That actually makes me feel optimistic.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Many of the brown skinned peoples are bringing values that most of the white skinned Americans have lost.
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

I could care less about demographics and even less about what color my neighbor is so long as they are salutin' and willing to defend our flag. That being said, moral family values and ethics are always in style and if they worship the God of Israel, well then we are "family". :wink:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

colt1rgr wrote:I could care less about demographics and even less about what color my neighbor is so long as they are salutin' and willing to defend our flag. That being said, moral family values and ethics are always in style and if they worship the God of Israel, well then we are "family". :wink:

That means Allah too right? According to Muslims Allah and the "Christian God" are the same cat. The difference between Christians and Muslims (in this aspect): Muslims think that Muhammad (who was after Christ) has the most recent G2 from on high.

Mostly I'm just messing with you man. :twisted:

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

rangertough wrote:
colt1rgr wrote:I could care less about demographics and even less about what color my neighbor is so long as they are salutin' and willing to defend our flag. That being said, moral family values and ethics are always in style and if they worship the God of Israel, well then we are "family". :wink:

That means Allah too right? According to Muslims Allah and the "Christian God" are the same cat. The difference between Christians and Muslims (in this aspect): Muslims think that Muhammad (who was after Christ) has the most recent G2 from on high.

Mostly I'm just messing with you man. :twisted:

Tough

Thats true! Goes back to the story of Isaac and Ishmael in the book of Genesis. Two sons, two very differnt prohetic destinies. Ishamael was the bastard son and father of a bastard religion.
The Koran believes that Ishmael received the promise and the blessings, yet the Bible believes that Isaac was the one who received it. Some people would say, “Well, it doesn't matter who received it as long the person is the child of Abraham and believes in God.” But according to the Bible this is very important, and one of the foundational beliefs of the Bible is:

For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid [Ishmael], the other by a freewoman [Isaac]. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh [Ishmael]; but he of the freewoman was by promise [Isaac]. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which genders to bondage, which is Hagar [Ishmael-Mohammed], for this Hagar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answers to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all [Isaac-Christ]… Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise [Bible-Christianity]. But as then he that was born after the flesh [Koran-Islam] persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. (Galatians 4:22-29)

Christians and Moslems do not simply have two different fathers (Isaac and Ishmael) and two different books (Bible-Koran), but they have two completely different spirits: one brings freedom, the other brings bondage; one leads to life, the other leads to death.

l:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

It's already been said, but color is just a result of skin pigment and has nothing to do with the character of the man/woman... but the article is flawed in the fact that if they are the majority, why refer to them as minorities?
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Only 1/3 of the population here in Rio Grande County, Colorado, is white. I don't really see that as a big deal.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

IEDmagnet wrote:It's already been said, but color is just a result of skin pigment and has nothing to do with the character of the man/woman... but the article is flawed in the fact that if they are the majority, why refer to them as minorities?

Just like Dr. King said "Content of their character". Should be the only thing that matters in anyone's eyes.

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

IEDmagnet wrote:.... the article is flawed in the fact that if they are the majority, why refer to them as minorities?
Good point!
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Flesh Thorn wrote:
IEDmagnet wrote:.... the article is flawed in the fact that if they are the majority, why refer to them as minorities?
Good point!
Agree.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

TC204 wrote:I know some Brazilian immigrants that are very hard workers, they work 2-3 lousy paying jobs to make ends meet. They're proud to be here and believe in the American dream. There are also some that come here and suck off the system right away. It comes down to the individual and how they were raised. America was built by immigrants but times have changed greatly.

We have an entire block of our society, born and raised right here, with every advantage available to all Americans who have made a career off of "sucking off the system", claiming it to be their "right". Maybe we should keep the immigrants (legal immigrants) and deport these leaches? :?

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”