Attorney General Eric Holder in Contempt ?

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Attorney General Eric Holder in Contempt ?

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Issa, Chaffetz confirm contempt plans for Holder over Fast and Furious

House GOP leaders said Friday they are pursuing a plan to hold Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. and the Justice Department in contempt for “stonewalling” them over information regarding the administration’s failed Fast and Furious gun-tracking program.
GOP Rep. Darrell Issa confirmed to Fox News that House Speaker John Boehner gave him and others on his House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform the authority to drafted a contempt of Congress resolution.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04 ... z1tIl7nQX6
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Attorney General Eric Holder in Contempt ?

Post by rangertough »

Wow, the conflict between the Obama admin and Republicans is getting vicious.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Tough, I am sorry, but I do not view this as between the Obama administration and the Republicans. I see this as the Obama ADMIN and every free loving American out there, to include Repubs, Libertarians, middle of the roaders and even those few DEMs who still salute our flag (God Bless'em). These assclown's got a Federal Agent killed and God only knows how many others on both sides of the border and God forbid, there are more than likely many more to come. Then they did their damn best to minimize it and cover it up. Now that its come to light, they (and when I say "they" it starts right at the top with Holder) are basically "obstructing justice" by with holding legally requested information repeatedly. This isn't information thats critical to national defense. Its information thats critical to "saving one's ass". They have had repeated chances to comply and have evaded, dodged and ducked.

If this is allowed to pass without the inherent checks and balances we are lost and will soon be goosestepping to "Hail Obama". IMHO congress has been very understanding of Mr. Holder's uncooperative attitude. Enough is enough. That Border Patrol agent had been my son, I'd pity the fool that got between me and whoever was stonewalling this.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Believe me I see where YOU are coming from.

That's not what this is about from the people who are doing the accusing. This is about inter-party bullshit and nothing else. The Republicans are going after Holder because he is an appointee of a Democratic regime. If it was a Republican President and the "Contempt" happened no Republican legislator would have brought charges.

This is partisan crap, no matter how you slice it. This is not happening for the good of the people. It is happening because of political expediency.

Republican/Democrat all the same. The real distinction is Conservative/Progressive. The problem is most Americans aren't one or the other they are in the middle but the current system doesn't represent us.

It's all an evil fucking empire no matter who's in charge.

Tough
Rangertough
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

rangertough wrote:Believe me I see where YOU are coming from.

That's not what this is about from the people who are doing the accusing. This is about inter-party bullshit and nothing else. The Republicans are going after Holder because he is an appointee of a Democratic regime. If it was a Republican President and the "Contempt" happened no Republican legislator would have brought charges.

This is partisan crap, no matter how you slice it. This is not happening for the good of the people. It is happening because of political expediency.

Republican/Democrat all the same. The real distinction is Conservative/Progressive. The problem is most Americans aren't one or the other they are in the middle but the current system doesn't represent us.

It's all an evil fucking empire no matter who's in charge.

Tough

Well I can certainly agree with ya here to a point, but in this case, given the Repubs who are actually pressing this (and it ABSOLUTELY should be pressed) I would have to offer track records. These are pretty good guys, but you can research that yourself. The democratic party as a whole represent NONE of my views on anything and since my views are pretty much lock step with the founding fathers, I view them as a whole with contempt. Disagree if you want, thats your right, however the time is getting real close to choosing the "lessor of two evils" and the Obama minions are pure evil, period.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Neither party is even remotely close to what the founding fathers envisioned our nation to be.

If a good person is elected to office they have a choice. Stay a good person (for one term) and lose the next election to someone else. Why? Because, if you wont play the game you wont get anything done. Ask Ben Nighthorse Campbell from Colorado how well his term went.

Or you can be a PoS.

If you're a fucking scumbag you'll get elected over and over again. Because you will lie and cheat everyone you can to get ahead. That behavior gets things done for your constituents (Murtha) or you can spin it to look like you're doing something (Kennedy). I know those last two examples are Dems but the Reps are filled with the same character flaws.

Washington is rolling over in his grave.

Basically both parties are trying to pander to hyper-conservitives or Progressives the vocal 10% of our nation. So we have to listen to the Santorums "I want to force my religious beliefs on the whole world like a fucking Muj!" (yes I just compared him to a Muslim extremist) or Obama "The rest of you have to give all of your possessions to the poor and lazy." (Like Stalin)

At the end of the day if I feel partisan politics should be outlawed and punishable by fines and imprisonment.

Tough
Rangertough
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Okay I see your points and again, to a point, see their validity. Been atrocities on both sides for SHO. However, as I stated earlier, it's time to "pick sides". Three choices really. We can vote for Komrade Obama and sign the death warrant on our freedom, vote for the Romney and Repub control of Senate bunch and stay the end of the US at least for 2 more years, OR sit this one out which as far as I am concerned is the same as voting for Komrade Barry.

At least with COA # 2, we can all become vocally active and demand our wants, needs and rights just like the loons on the left and their "in-line" media PsOS. COA # 1 = Destruction of America and the creation of "Amerika".

Romney is not my first choice, but lessor of two evils and he has my vote. If he adds Rubio to the ticket then pot just got sweeter. I have no doubts and there are MANY people much smarter than I pretend to be who agree, that this is the most important election of our time.

hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

I was watching Greta van Susteren a few weeks back who was engaged in an interview with somebody ( I forget who), when she remarked that she'd known Eric Holder for many years in DC back when they were both district court judges. She said he was a completely different person now: politicized, corrupt, scheming. That's what politics does to people. You toady the line of these two giant machines, and if you don't, you get spit out like so much bad grissle.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I've held him in contempt for several years.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Jim wrote:I've held him in contempt for several years.

Amen, its been cemented over around these parts. :|

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”