USMC 4-Star: Women to Attend Infantry School

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: USMC 4-Star: Women to Attend Infantry School

Post by hobbit »

Highly impractical. Can you imagine some sweet little babe screaming my name all night long while compromising our position to the enemy? :mrgreen:
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

USMC 4-Star: Women to Attend Infantry School

Post by IEDmagnet »

Against it. Rake me over the coals or not.
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

You can wish it, rationalize it, legislate it, mandate it, force it, whatever, but you simply cannot change it - women cannot perform at the same physical level as men. It is genetically. evolutionarily, and hereditarily impossible.
Female military personnel have certainly been placed in harm's way and can perform well at times, but they simply should not be generic to frontline combat units.
You can call me a Neanderthal or a macho s***head, but that will not alter the species one iota.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

As a "Honorary Marine" ( a title I am very proud of by the way) I find this very disheartening. First we have HOMOs running around in uniform sucking face, now we will allow the split tails to lower the standards to such a point that for all intents and purposes the "Mighty Corps" will become combat ineffective. Chesty Puller is rolling over in his grave. :evil:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

hobbit wrote:Highly impractical. Can you imagine some sweet little babe screaming my name all night long while compromising our position to the enemy? :mrgreen:
But the article is about women in the ranks... stay on topic! :lol:
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Lunch wrote:
hobbit wrote:Highly impractical. Can you imagine some sweet little babe screaming my name all night long while compromising our position to the enemy? :mrgreen:
Nope. Can't imagine it. :wink:
Huff huff, puff puff. Truth be known, having just gone out to the smoke house and cut a four-pound chunk of pronghorn backbone for my mutt, I probably can't imagine it either. Getting old ain't so bad. It's the falling apart that's a bitch
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Lefty wrote:You can wish it, rationalize it, legislate it, mandate it, force it, whatever, but you simply cannot change it - women cannot perform at the same physical level as men. It is genetically. evolutionarily, and hereditarily impossible.
Female military personnel have certainly been placed in harm's way and can perform well at times, but they simply should not be generic to frontline combat units.
You can call me a Neanderthal or a macho s***head, but that will not alter the species one iota.
Would anyone be amazed that I fully endorse Karl's comments.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Lunch wrote:
Nope. Can't imagine it. :wink:
I can imagine G.I.'s carrying (mandatory equipment) tongue depressors for the biatch to bite on to hold down her murmurs for the good of our country.

I can also imagine a female sent on a mission causing every male to kill each other for who's 1st.

(Edited by me to remove some content 1:07 pm)
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I think everyone knew that this was going to happen sooner or later. Looks like sooner.....
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

At least you know they'll all be Republicans.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”