U.S. Education Failures Pose National Security Risk

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

A new report finds that the United States' education system is putting the country's national security at risk.
The independent study, sponsored by The Council on Foreign Relations, finds K-12 school systems across the country are failing to adequately prepare kids to grow up and protect the U.S.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/12/re ... z1rsWUxSaE
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Re: U.S. Education Failures Pose National Security Risk

Post by Flesh Thorn »

- Conduct "national security readiness audits" of all schools and hold them accountable if they’re not meeting standards
Public school have more than enough to do already, so some moron proposes "national security readiness audits" to bog down the process even more - WTF ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

If the schools teach their students to read and write, it would be a good first step.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Flesh Thorn wrote:A new report finds that the United States' education system is putting the country's national security at risk.
The independent study, sponsored by The Council on Foreign Relations, finds K-12 school systems across the country are failing to adequately prepare kids to grow up and protect the U.S.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/12/re ... z1rsWUxSaE
Thank your local teacher's union. Here in Colorado we rank 46th amongst states in English/math competency by 12th grade. 40% of Colorado school children are still functional iliterates by 8th grade. All you have to do to pass any test or to pass into the next grade in Colorado, is to show up. If you show up at school every day and don't skip any classes, you'll be passed on to the next grade even if you're a complete imbecile. After all, "no child left behind", right? This report is spot on. There are no "advanced" societies any longer as stupid as our own.
Last edited by hobbit on April 13th, 2012, 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

This is very troubling, and it has NOTHING to do with educating children.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

This is intentional and is a play right out of the Alinsky book. If you can't get a foothold in the country you wish to change, then change their children first.

The US education system was nationalized in the 1970s by Jimmy Carter. From that time the standards have dropped and we have not become a smarter nation. It has stagnated and in some cases is worse. Logically the US government should disband the Department of Education as a failure, but figure the odds.

So, breed a new generation who is ignorant, easily led by popular media, and who has no clue whatsoever what happened in the past.

It is intentional.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Wow, haven't seen one of those in a while.

10-94
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

rgrokelley wrote:This is intentional and is a play right out of the Alinsky book. If you can't get a foothold in the country you wish to change, then change their children first.

The US education system was nationalized in the 1970s by Jimmy Carter. From that time the standards have dropped and we have not become a smarter nation. It has stagnated and in some cases is worse. Logically the US government should disband the Department of Education as a failure, but figure the odds.

So, breed a new generation who is ignorant, easily led by popular media, and who has no clue whatsoever what happened in the past.

It is intentional.
Absolutely. Its the indoctrination process. My youngest is 13 and will be pulled out of public school after this year and headed off to Christian school next year. So far this year he has done close to a dozen projects and reports and everyone of them has been on black history, bullying and what they call "societal socialization" but is actually the pushing of the alternative lifestyle agenda BS without saying it. This country is in some deep, deep kimchee.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

xray wrote:I kind of chuckle in jest, but seriously... let's spend more money on making sure they eat the right foods instead of making sure they know how to read. Wait better yet, force em to eat the foods you want and make sure parents pay for the insurance they are told.

Screw it.... highjack------ TAB CHECK!!!!

Exactly AND since we know better, lets confiscate the nutritional lunch you sent from home, make your kid eat our school slop and then charge you for it.

14-87..... The Last Hard Class, encountering Nuclear Jack Rabbits on the DZ! :? :P :lol:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Just keep this in mind - if you check population numbers and percentages, you will see that China and India EACH have more geniuses than the US has kids.
Think about the implications.

Oh, BTW, 13-70, right after Ranger Bill's class killed the last known sabretooth tiger.......
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Lefty wrote:Just keep this in mind - if you check population numbers and percentages, you will see that China and India EACH have more geniuses than the US has kids.

Oh, BTW, 13-70, right after Ranger Bill's class killed the last known sabretooth tiger.......
It wasn't a tiger. It was more like a lion on steroids. I learned that when our high school made a day trip to the La Brea Tar Pits. These days I think they take them to Van Nuys gay bars for cross-dressing sensitivity indoctrination.

Purple Heart check: 08-22-70; 02-02-71
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

hobbit wrote:
Lefty wrote:Just keep this in mind - if you check population numbers and percentages, you will see that China and India EACH have more geniuses than the US has kids.

It wasn't a tiger. It was more like a lion on steroids. I learned that when our high school made a day trip to the La Brea Tar Pits. These days I think they take them to Van Nuys gay bars for cross-dressing sensitivity indoctrination.

Purple Heart check: 08-22-70; 02-02-71
RS: 12 & 13-71
PH: Nov 67, Sep 69.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”