Mt. Rainier 2012

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Mt. Rainier 2012

Post by Steadfast »

Buddha wrote:
cams wrote:Understood, and agreed, both Kevin and Lunch.

Crazy to think they wouldn't at the very least double-up a car so far from back-up, especially during a manhunt. I hope this practice is not an end result of "saving a buck" with the final cost being these men and womens lives.

Ranger X, your "bottom line" in your post, says it best I think.
The road from Eatonville into the park goes to Paradise (big recreation area at around 5000 feet) and stops there this time of year. Once you get past the lower area (Longmire) where they kept people locked in for their own protection, the only turn-off before the bridge over the Nisqually is at the Cougar rock campground (not sure if it's closed yet). After that, it's pretty much just two lanes to the parking lot at Paradise and the people up there with their kids sledding, snowshoeing, etc.

She put herself in between him and them. Brave lady, and a hero for doing that. Damn shame that we all lost her.
Thanks for giving me the tactical view of event Budda. This Lady should receive a Medal for her brave efforts that day she gave her life for her fellow men.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”