Rangers "Dogs of War" (MPC) Memorial Unveiled

News of interest to those in the Ranger and Special Operations Community. News is generated and placed here from the front page of ArmyRanger.com

Moderator: Site Admin

centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Rangers "Dogs of War" (MPC) Memorial Unveiled

Post by centermass »

On July 17, 2018, The 75th Ranger Regiment held a dedication ceremony for the Multi-Purpose Canine Memorial located at the Regimental Headquarters, Fort Benning, Georgia.

The 75th Ranger Regiment procured the first three Multi-Purpose Canines at the Regimental Headquarters August 2006. The first Ranger Dog Teams deployed in support of operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom April 2007.

All three rifle Battalions were manned with four MPCs by the end of 2007. The Regiment was fully mission capable, MPCs matched with Rifle Platoons, by the end of 2008.

Seventeen MPCs have made the ultimate sacrifice and an additional 14 MPCs have been wounded in action since the program's inception.

Ranger canines have saved an untold number of Rangers lives. Their sacrifice will NEVER be forgotten.

Many people and organizations were responsible for making the memorial a reality. The Regiment would like to thank the Memorial Committee, made up of Mr. Bob Sebastian, Mr. Gene Lively, Heather Zadina and Dr. Sean McPeck for their dedication to honoring our fallen canines.

"My eyes are your eyes, to watch you and to protect you and yours,
My ears are your ears, to hear and detect evil minds in the dark,
My nose is your nose, to scent the invader of your domain,
And so you may live, my life is also yours." -- Cicero

Rangers Lead the Way!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: Rangers "Dogs of War" (MPC) Memorial Unveiled

Post by centermass »

Those who so freely gave their all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

Return to “Ranger, SOF and Military News”