2 Army Rangers KIA and a 3rd WIA in Afghanistan

News of interest to those in the Ranger and Special Operations Community. News is generated and placed here from the front page of ArmyRanger.com

Moderator: Site Admin

centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

2 Army Rangers KIA and a 3rd WIA in Afghanistan

Post by centermass »

Two U.S. soldiers were killed in action Wednesday in Afghanistan. They were killed in a northeastern province of Afghanistan during a ground attack against Islamic State fighters. The battle took place in the same area where the so called "mother of all bombs" was dropped earlier this month in the fight against ISIS. The target of the raid was a prison where the Islamic State kept civilian prisoners, said Attaulla Khogyani, a spokesperson for the Nangarhar governor's office.

Link

Rest Easy Brothers.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Re: 2 Army Rangers KIA and a 3rd WIA in Afghanistan

Post by Grim666 »

I went to RASP with one of them. With our names we were next to each other for everything. 8 weeks together. Tan Betets donned together. Scrolls earnest together. Just Fuck.
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

A 2013 Normal Community High School graduate was among two U.S. soldiers killed in action Wednesday in Afghanistan. He was killed n a northeastern province of Afghanistan during a ground attack against Islamic State fighters. The battle took place in the same area where the so called "mother of all bombs" was dropped earlier this month in the fight against ISIS. The target of the raid was a prison where the Islamic State kept civilian prisoners, said Attaulla Khogyani, a spokesperson for the Nangarhar governor's office.

Josh Rodgers, 22, son of Kevin and Vondra Rodgers of Bloomington, competed in track and football at NCHS. One of Rodgers' NCHS coaches, track coach Bryan Thomas, said Thursday, “It's a sad day for our school and our community.” He said Rodgers had a work ethic that “was second to none.”

“He was really quiet. You could almost miss him,” said Thomas. “He led by example in both football in track.” Thomas also noted that the hard-working Rodgers “wanted to be an Army Ranger and he did it.”

His football coach, Wes Temples, echoed Thomas' description of Rodgers as a hard-working, quiet leader.
“Josh was a tremendous kid,” Temples said. “When I hear his name, what comes to mind is how hard he worked no matter what it was, whether it was football or school. He did things the right way.”

Temples said hearing about Rodgers' death was “heartbreaking and incredibly sad. … You feel for his family.”

He said “serving our country” was “an honorable and brave thing.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75

centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

The second Army Ranger killed in action in the Nangarhar Province in Afghanistan has been identified as Army Ranger Cam Thomas.

Fairmont Principal Tyler Alexander said he has not received official notification, but students have been talking about Thomas and staff have asked him about the alum. “I have had nothing official come to me from the family,” Alexander said. “I would offer my condolences to the family.” While in high school, Thomas was an athlete, notably a swimmer.

“It’s sad,” the principal said. “But we respect what he chose to do to fight for our country, to provide us with an opportunity to have what we have.”

The soldiers were taking part in a lengthy raid supported by airstrikes from U.S. warplanes and targeting the Islamic State group in Nangarhar province, Capt. Jeff Davis, a Pentagon spokesman, told the Associated Press. A number of Islamic State fighters have been engaging in a long-running battle with Afghanistan security forces in the Achin district.

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession

May God welcome you with open arms Brother.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75

CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Rest in Peace, Rangers . . .My the Lord bless you & your families.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776

Return to “Ranger, SOF and Military News”