Sitrep- TRGtom

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Carpenter
Ranger

Re: Sitrep- TRGtom

Post by Carpenter »

Good SITREP,

Have you been able to link with KesslerB or BigBoss? There are currently two other individuals from the site that should be at Pre-RASP unless they've already classed up. Remember to stay as focused as you can at Pre-RASP, your current goal should be getting to RASP uninjured and in good shape. I'll continue to mention it whenever it comes up, but be sure to be doing some form of injury mitigation. Pre-RASP and RASP will eat away at your body, while others are joking around in the bay you could be spending your time doing push-ups, stretching, and preparing yourself for the next day.

As for the psych eval, what's done is done. Best to put it behind you and focus on your 25 meter target: classing up.
The rumor mill here in OSUT from guys who have talked to people currently in RASP on pass has been pretty crazy, and in the past has led some dudes to dropping contracts.
It just wasn't for them. Don't let rumors sway you or get in the back of your head. At the end of the day, it's just you and your end goal. Comradery loves misery, link in with the other guys and you'll have someone to cover your back as much as you cover theirs.

In the case you do link in with the others from the site, tell them to post an updated SITREP.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Thomas,

Thank you for the update, I was wondering myself if he had classed up. That only leaves BigBoss unaccounted for. Hopefully, he is in the class with KesslerB and is successful. Definitely don't risk compromising yourself or KesslerB if he's in phase 1. The risk of getting dropped is always present.

Once again thanks for the update. Looking forward to hearing from you in the future.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Post by BlueLiner »

Thomas,

PreRasp is a great time I'm sure you know to finalize preparations for RASP. Don't PT yourself into the ground, RASP is going to do that for you. What you should focus on is studying Ranger History and stretch as much as you can and start making friendships with the likeminded people around you. When you workout, don't focus too much on lifting weights, just worry about calisthenics and running. Best advice I can give you for when you start the selection process is to take it ONE DAY AT A TIME. Don't worry about what you did the day before, or what is following you the day after. Take every day and moment for what it is, good training and insight into what you're made of. Let the weak fall by the wayside, and use them as encouragement to remind yourself of why you're there. Don't fucking quit. RLTW!
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop
PUT ON THE FOIL!
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Great SITREP,

Good luck in RASP, like Ranger BlueLiner said take one day at a time. Always remember your end goal. Remember all the Rangers that have been in your shoes before you, and what you aspire to be. All the sweat you've put into getting to where you are now is for nothing if you quit. Make the sweat worth it and find a way. Thanks for updating us on KesslerB he's making us proud and we're rooting for him. Best of luck and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

TRGtom wrote: February 21st, 2023, 3:25 am Rangers, it has been a while and I apologize due to my inactivity/Sitrep on what’s been going on.
Tom, first I want to say that it takes a lot of grit to come back here and say you didn't make it. You owe us nothing, so I appreciate you giving us an update. I can't tell you the number of folks here we lose track of simply because they don't update us.

You are not the first person to go to RASP and not come out with how you wanted. How it goes from here, like before, is mostly up to you. As you saw, not everything is under your control. If you want to go back I hope you do so and your command supports it. Service in the Army is above service in Regiment. I know that is easy for me to say, but I didn't join with an OPT 40 or clear understanding of what I was doing. I had orders for the 101st and one of my Drills helped me volunteer from basic, no idea how they did that. They just did it. So that being said, sometimes your career is in the hands of others and outside of your control. If it wasn't for some random MP drill sergeant at Fort Sill, I probably never would have had my shot at being a Ranger.

Use the time to improve yourself. Keep working to be a better person and soldier. If it is slow, do some self improvement through classes or whatever else. Check in with us here. It needs to not be lost that because your service currently is not to your standard... it is not worthless. It is an incredible thing to serve during a time of "peace" in a volunteer force. If you are not in our Discord, please DM me. Come hang out to be around people that are like-minded and have desires to serve in the community. You've proven that at least.

Please let us know as things progress!
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Thanks for the update Thomas.

At the end of the day you went further than most people and then came back for seconds. We appreciate you coming back on here and updating us. As Ranger Disinfertention said, lots of guys fall off the face of the earth and we never hear from them again. Stay resilient, heal up, and you'll find your way back.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

TRGtom wrote: March 30th, 2023, 8:03 pm Rangers, I was able to get into PRC here at Polk and have been in it for about 2 weeks now with several other teammates. I have a date for APR 23rd to head to school. More updates to come.
That is awesome. Take advantage of the opportunity. And be grateful you will get your shot at school in the summer and not winter!
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04

Return to “Letters from School”