SITREP- Brayden

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
KesslerB
Embryo

SITREP- Brayden

Post by KesslerB »

Rangers, I am currently at the MEPS hotel. I ship out tomorrow morning. The process of Preparing physically mentally and spiritually has already shaped me into a great man, I can’t wait to start this process and see what the regiment has in store for me, I will find other likeminded people down in Benning with option 40s or 18X’s. My current goal is to become a distinguished honor grad for my basic training. I have gotten ahold of a few members on the site who are just as driven and as motivated as I can be. This information is priceless and I know will set the others and I up for success.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20210712
Carpenter
Ranger

Re: SITREP- Brayden

Post by Carpenter »

Good luck, and always remember your end goal. It's not going to be an easy journey, but it's going to be a rewarding one. Work hard to better yourself each day. Every member of the 75th Ranger Regiment was once in similar shoes as you are now. It is now time for you to choose to follow their footsteps.

Once again best of luck.

Rangers Lead The Way!
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
KesslerB
Embryo

Post by KesslerB »

Roger, Ranger Carpenter

Rangers, I have graduated basic training. I am currently on a 4 day pass. I plan on getting some good pt in during the meantime. I hear in OSUT you have more freedom and you have more time to get PT in.
11X OPT 40
KesslerB
Embryo

Post by KesslerB »

Rangers, I have utilized this 4 day pass and got some good pt, reading, and overall bettering myself. Here is my current pt scores:
5 mile: 34:57
Chin ups: 12
Sit ups: 78
Push ups: 51
I am happy with my scores but not satisfied, push ups are the biggest thing for me to work on.
11X OPT 40
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Keep working on those push-ups, and then work on them some more. Good run time, and same for your sit-ups. As far as freedom goes in OSUT, it's largely based on your Drill Sgt.'s and how much they actually care. Keep working on your PT and you'll hit that 300 APFT score. Congratulations on graduating basic training.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
KesslerB
Embryo

Post by KesslerB »

Thank you and Roger, Ranger Carpenter. In OSUT we haven’t done any kind of pt besides taking the ACFT and rucking that’s it so far. I plan on doing a push up plan starting Tomorrow. We are also able to use the track now, especially on the 4 day pass. This Monday I scored a 534 on the ACFT. I am happy with the score but there’s always more points I can add.
11X OPT 40
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

In OSUT we haven’t done any kind of pt besides taking the ACFT and rucking that’s it so far.
That's pretty awful to hear. Even with covid we did PT still. Nonetheless keep working hard, and know that when you're putting in work on your own that you're putting in more work than anyone else. Keep that end goal in mind and remember that you really gotta want it.

If you haven't already write down some short term and long term goals and put them somewhere you can see them. Additionally, somewhere else if you don't have the space, write down the steps you need to take to complete those goals. I wrote mine on the mirror inside of my locker and in a notebook. But use them as a reminder for what you're working towards.

There's a lot of lurkers on this site, but know that we're all looking forward to seeing your progress in the future.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
KesslerB
Embryo

Post by KesslerB »

Roger that Ranger Carpenter, I have my notes posted on my locker that tell me to not get complacent in this journey and that the Tan Beret is in sight. No matter whether or not our company holds PT or not, I’m going to be PT’ing no matter what. There’s some solid guys in my company that have the same goal. I’ve also seen people get complacent and don’t want to walk the extra mile in personal time to meet the standards. Some have even talked about dropping the contract. But overall I haven’t lost drive and I won’t lose drive towards this goal. Everyday I wake up on Fort Benning I feel such a sense of purpose and belonging here in the Army, I’ve been here for 2 and a half months and it’s an honor to be here.
11X OPT 40
KesslerB
Embryo

Post by KesslerB »

Rangers, OSUT is almost coming to a close and holiday block leave is around the corner. I just finished my gunners exam for mortars. We start live fire next week and I couldn’t be more thrilled. Training to be an 11C is unique and I’m proud to be doing it.
11X OPT 40
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Good SITREP.

Looks like you and Templar will be heading to Pre-RASP at around the same time. It might be beneficial for you two to get together and push eachother. Enjoy your live fire event and continue working towards the ultimate end goal. The clock is ticking down and before you know it you'll be at Pre-RASP. Keep working hard and good luck.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
KesslerB
Embryo

Post by KesslerB »

Roger that, Ranger Carpenter, live fire was a blast; I got to hang rounds off of the 120mm, the 81mm and the 60mm. I am on another 4 day pass for thanksgiving and plan to use the time wisely to get better. Templar is in my company which is good to hold us both accountable.
11X OPT 40
KesslerB
Embryo

Post by KesslerB »

Roger, Ranger Lunch, I will start incorporating more leg workouts.
11X OPT 40
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

You should be getting pretty close to graduating OSUT and making it to Pre-RASP. Please be sure to update us frequently when you can on you and Templar's status as you continue your journey. Remember that the juice is worth the squeeze. And as Ranger Jim would say "Never, Never Quit!"
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
KesslerB
Embryo

Post by KesslerB »

Roger Ranger Carpenter, Templar and I’s turning blue ceremony is tomorrow and the next day is when my holiday block leave starts. I plan on doing an apft over block leave and I also plan on picking out a smoker of a workout from a fallen Ranger that are hung on the banners. When Pre-Rasp comes around, I will make sure to stick by the ones who are serious about becoming Rangers and stay away from the option 40s who aren’t motivated or care. Guys are just throwing in the towel and not caring to prepare especially being this close.
11X OPT 40

Return to “Letters from School”