SITREP - Connor

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
BlueLiner
Ranger

SITREP - Connor

Post by BlueLiner » July 9th, 2018, 3:06 pm

The time has finally come, I’m sitting in the hotel ready to head out for Ft. Jackson tomorrow. I’m a little nervous but I’m looking forward to start on the path to becoming a Ranger.

Let the odyssey begin.
RASP class 07-19
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop

xray
Ranger

Re: SITREP - Connor

Post by xray » July 9th, 2018, 4:15 pm

Keep an open mind and pay attention. Don't let yourself get dragged down by the negative comments of others. Stay positive, be smart and do your best. This is the beginning and can be a little overwhelming, just remember others have done it before you; you can too. Good luck RLTW
A co. 2/75 93-96
RS 08-94

BlueLiner
Ranger

Post by BlueLiner » July 9th, 2018, 6:13 pm

Roger, Ranger xray.
RASP class 07-19

CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV » July 10th, 2018, 7:13 am

Good luck . . .stayed focued on your goal, hang with like minded troops (stay away from the slugs), always give 100% in what you do, and as Ranger Jim use to say never never quit!

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776

centermass
Ranger/Admin

Post by centermass » July 10th, 2018, 3:34 pm

Your prep work has been outstanding, let alone impressive to say the least.

You got this.

Keep us posted.

RLTW,

CM
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

BlueLiner
Ranger

Post by BlueLiner » July 10th, 2018, 4:22 pm

On the bus now, as Ranger Ron would say...

LETS ROLL!
RASP class 07-19

BlueLiner
Ranger

Post by BlueLiner » September 20th, 2018, 10:59 am

-SITREP 20180920-
-BCT REVIEW-

Rangers, I’ve just graduated BCT and am heading to sunny Ft. Huachuca tomorrow to learn how to be a UAV Operator, the program is about 18 weeks so I’ll be there for a hot minute.

My BCT experience was pretty ordinary I’d say, we had our fair share of shitbags, PT studs, generally retarded privates doing dumb shit and getting chaptered for it (fraternization with females), PT fuck ups, and just general people that made you question “why are you here?”. Our company lost a lot of people after the first APFT, one day I saw a lot of faces in my platoon, the next day some of those faces were gone to FTC.... (about 10). DEPs, don’t be those people. Workout before you leave, and make sure you can run, I wouldn’t really worry about weight training as much cause that’s what I did and like many others on the site in the past, I lost muscle mass cause you’re not fueling your body with the same shit at home, and you’re gonna lose weight if you’re a big hombré like me.

About PT, I started with a 289 PT when I first showed up and ended with a 260. My run time improved from when I first got there, I got a 12:24 on the final 2 mile.
Rucking at BCT really isn’t that bad, like on the FTX’s (Anvil, Forge, etc.) I didn’t have any trouble, hockey legs carried me through the long nights along the sandy South Carolina trails. The morning PT sessions weren’t really challenging except if the Cadre wanted to get creative with exercises. Running was fun though, and it’s what you make of it. I’d place myself in the back of the formation when we’d do laps on the track and race myself to the front of the formation for some sprint work which helped me out a lot. Shooting was fun as fuck, we had M4’s for our cycle but didn’t shoot any LMG’s or M203’s. Remagen was cool too, stressful but fun nonetheless haha.

That’s a general recap of my time at Ft. Jackson, 2 months of fun in the sun. Up next in the pipeline is UAS. I’ll learn about aviation and how to pilot drone systems which will be really cool, definitely beats what my high school buddies are doing right now (sitting at college getting high and getting fat). DEPs, BCT is what you make of it, learn to listen and surround yourself with good people, don’t be a shitbag and you’ll be fine.

Well, that’s it for now. I’ll post another update once I get settled at Huachuca.

-Connor
RASP class 07-19

centermass
Ranger/Admin

Post by centermass » September 20th, 2018, 1:32 pm

Outstanding sitrep.

Keep up with the extra PT while you're out there in AZ so you'll be ahead of the game once you reach RASP.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

BlueLiner
Ranger

Post by BlueLiner » September 20th, 2018, 1:49 pm

Roger, Ranger centermass.

Andrew has been giving me info about good workouts and hills to run out there, the altitude there will be good for cardio because Benning is at sea level. Im taking Ranger Slowpoke’s advice and I’m going to try and slim down but still have muscle like a swimmers body so I’ll be able to maneuver myself more quickly and still have strength.
RASP class 07-19

BlueLiner
Ranger

Post by BlueLiner » October 5th, 2018, 10:03 pm

Rangers,

Thought I’d post a quick sitrep. I’m settled into AIT pretty much, and I’m absolutely loving it out here. Weekdays we wake up for PT around 0400 and I head to school around 0730 until 1545, so the academics for 15W are a lot, but the material is pretty cool so I’m enjoying learning about my job, can’t say that my friends at college are doing stuff like this. There’s a few Rangers and Night Stalkers around post too that I’ll see every now and then which is motivating. I had the privilege of speaking to a 160th SGT. the other day which was cool. The running here is great, the altitude sucked major ass for the first week but after that you get used to it. My lungs are getting stronger as I’m able to better control my breathing on distance and sprints. I’m starting to fuel my body again to help promote muscle gain so I can get back to where I was physically before the breakdown. The MWR has gyms here so when I get more free time I’m going to get a membership and start pumping iron again because calisthenics is all I’ve done since 3 months ago. I met a couple of Option 40s too, one of them is a pretty squared away guy.

On a final note, to any Option 40 hopefull reading this, if you like intelligence related stuff and technology, look into getting a 15W contract and start doing research about UAS, we’ve been told here that this MOS is ever changing and the prospects are endless, especially out in the civilian sector.

Now at Polyphemus, the journey is beginning to take shape. I’ll post another update in a few weeks, hope you all have a happy Halloween.
RASP class 07-19

Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention » October 7th, 2018, 5:30 pm

Good to hear from your, Connor. You're on a unique path for a lot of different reasons. Some of which we have talked about. Back in my day (old man voice) we didn't get any free time away from the barracks bay. Take advantage of that. Study, work out, establish friendships if they are appropriate with the other OPT40's to motivate eachother.

Looking forward to hearing from you as you progress through AIT!
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09 - 04

BlueLiner
Ranger

Post by BlueLiner » November 21st, 2018, 8:16 pm

Rangers, here’s what’s been up around Ft. Huachuca since my last update. I’ve passed USO and UGS with good grades, and I’ve passed my FAA certification, the PPKT. (Private Pilot’s Knowledge Test). From here, I’m moving onto the SIMS portion of training so I’m about halfway done here which is cool. The running up here is great in the morning for PT, the altitude is definitely a bitch to deal with, but it’s helping me in the long run for when I show up at Ft. Benning. I’ve learned so much in these past 2 months that most people won’t learn in a year, the course here is the coolest thing I’ve ever had the pleasure of doing. I spoke to a Ranger Liason recently and he said my job in Regiment will be working in Small Mission Units (SMU), conduction operations accordingly so I’ll definitely be busy when I show up at the UAS section. I’m starting to gain my size back, my muscles are getting back to normal which is great, I feel more power when I run and do pushups, etc.

Well, that’s it for now at least. Hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving.

Now at Aeaea, AIT halfway complete,
Connor.
RASP class 07-19

Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention » November 22nd, 2018, 2:30 pm

Thanks for dropping in and passing an update. It's great to hear that the program they are running there is legit. I hope that holds true even after you've been doing the job for awhile. You know my feelings on the topic!

Keep grinding away and training. RASP may be just around the corner but stay focused.
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09 - 04

BlueLiner
Ranger

Post by BlueLiner » December 16th, 2018, 5:36 pm

SITREP 20181216

Rangers, HBL is upon us as I’m leaving tomorrow to go back home for a few weeks. I’m now halfway through the SIMS portion of training and I’m loving every minute of it. It’s been kinda steady here for the last couple of weeks, going to work and such, just getting by day to day learning cool stuff. Only bad thing I have right now with AIT is that I’m on night shift so a lot of stuff I’d usually do for PT I can’t do anymore because everything is closed when I get off work, but I’m adapting and overcoming so I’ll figure something out. We recently took a PT test and I got a 265, with 64 PU/71 SU/13:56 2MILE.

I’m gonna work out over leave and come back ready to hit it hard, because RASP is just around the corner, almost time to roll on to the gates, as I graduate February 14th.

I Hope you all have a merry christmas and a happy new year, I’ll post another update when I’m graduated.

Now at Thrinakia, AIT almost done,
Connor.
RASP class 07-19

BlueLiner
Ranger

Post by BlueLiner » December 16th, 2018, 5:36 pm

Also, if there’s any 15W hopefuls lurking hit me up, I can answer most questions about the job.
RASP class 07-19

Return to “Letters from School”