SITREP-Alex

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
IntelToad
Ranger

Re: SITREP-Alex

Post by IntelToad »

Good luck and keep us updated.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Drock
Ranger

Post by Drock »

Rangers,

Just yesterday I came back from Cole Range. I have the weekend off before going into Phase 2 next week. All in all, things have been going well. The cadre are extremely professional. We are learning a lot, and so far I have been enjoying the training. Cole Range was a bitch and a half, but I did it and I'm ready to take on the next phase of RASP and am excited for what comes ahead.

Week 3 we had our Ranger Fitness Test. I'm not sure what happened, and I'm not going to be anything other than completely transparent with how it went. I only had 42 of my pushups get counted (16 less than the standard to graduate RASP) I'm not going to make excuses for it, but no doubt ill be working my ass off to ensure not only that my form will be perfect for the retake, but that I'm able to push way beyond the minimum standard and pass the retake so I can continue on until graduation.

With that being said, Future soldiers/DEPS, those of you in basic, AIT, or pre RASP who are reading this, take the time everyday to pound out some pushups and situps in your off time. Take it from me, all of OSUT and even my test in pre RASP I was scoring 70-75 pushups consecutively on my PT tests. Don't bullshit your form, and don't get lazy. RASP will be a lot of running, and not much else so you need to take your own time to improve. FORM FORM FORM. It doesn't matter if you can do 97 pushups if they only count 57. Get a Ranger buddy to watch you, and help critique you.
the rest of my scores on the RFT are as follows

Pushups: 42
Situps: 85
5 mile run: 34:45
Pullups: 17

Anyways, ill update again over Holiday block with the results of my retake test, and how week 5 went.
C co 2-75
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Good advice that I try to preach to you guys when you get here if I get the chance. Nothing gets you better at pushups like doing good form pushups...

Have some good time off, don't lose sight of what you are doing though. You guys aren't done yet.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Drock
Ranger

Post by Drock »

Post week 7 update

I passed my PT test earlier this week, and finished my RPAT with a time of 29:10. Room for improvement but I think it’s a good time to work with.

I got orders to 2/75 today, so I will spend some time in post RASP and then airborne school before continuing my journey on to Ft. Louis

Thank you to everyone on this site for the fantastic mentor ship I’ve received over the time I’ve been on here, I look forward to mentoring the motivated DEPs and soldiers who find their way here in the future.
C co 2-75
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

That's great news, looking forward to hearing more as you keep driving on.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Drock
Ranger

Post by Drock »

As many have said before “the easy part is now over” I had that in mind to humble myself as I joined 72 others in the ceremony to become Rangers on Friday.

The feeling of wearing my beret and scroll was unlike anything I’ve experienced in my life, and I know I couldn’t have gotten here without everyone who helped me along the way, so thank you again to everyone on this site for preparing me to get here.

I have already made up a study sheet on the history of second Ranger battalion and will be studying that along with the chain of command prior to my arrival at Ft. Lewis, I have put together a workout program as well to follow throughout post RASP and airborne school, and I am looking forward to the next big step on this journey
Last edited by Drock on February 15th, 2019, 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
C co 2-75
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Great job, Alex.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Drock wrote: January 27th, 2019, 6:41 pm I have already made up a study sheet on the history of second Ranger battalion and will be studying that along with the chain of command prior to my arrival at Ft. Louis, I have put together a workout program as well to follow throughout post RASP and airborne school, and I am looking forward to the next big step on this journey
Alex, great work. It's easy to type the words "good job" but just know we all understand exactly the effort it took for you to get here. Well done.

Fort Lewis is a great installation and I think you'll really enjoy your time at 2/75. There are a few guys up there from the site who graduated last year that I am sure you will recognize.

Packet Sent.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Congratulations Ranger and keep us updated. I'm interested to hear what airborne school is like after RASP since just about all of us did it the other way around. Do they keep you all together or spread you throughout the airborne class ?
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Drock
Ranger

Post by Drock »

Rangers,

I have just landed in Seattle and will begin improcessing into fort Lewis this week.

@inteltoad Airborne school was interesting going after rasp. In some ways I’m glad I did, because it gave me a look back into the regular army after several months inside the brown fence. It made me realize how much of a better place I’ll be going to, and the better people I’ll be working with. Between the regular army private’s and NCOs to the Ranger equivalents there is an outstanding difference in professionalism.
Our class was not split up, all of the non airborne qualified Rangers from my class were in the airborne together which differently kept the cadre on their toes.

I’m fortune enough to have a good friend who has been in 2/75 for the past year and will be helping me find my way around and helping me with questions upon my arrival. Also, I will try and meet up with the other 2/75 Rangers from the site who are stationed there.

It’s amazing how fast this day came. I am more than excited
C co 2-75
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

All around awesomeness, congrats again and keep us old fuckers updated on your endeavors.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Alex, good to hear from you and glad you made it over to the great state of Washington. We had a blast there for the few years I was able to be apart of 2/75. Plenty to do there and they will keep you busy as well.

When it is appropriate reply to my PM and we'll look to get you verified.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04

Return to “Letters from School”