SITREP- DSully25

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
dsully25
Ranger

SITREP- DSully25

Post by dsully25 »

Rangers,

I am currently at the hotel with my twin brother. I would like to thank you all for the information and guidance you have provided for us. Finding this website has helped me more than I could have ever imagined. I am ready to start my journey to the 75th Ranger Regiment. As of tomorrow, the only thing I will focus on is becoming the best soldier I possibly can be. I was fortunate enough to get to know many of the other Mentees on here, and we will all look after eachother. We're gonna make you proud. Thank you again.
11x Opt. 40 DEP
Ship date 20160906

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP- DSully25

Post by Jim »

dsully25 wrote:Rangers,

I am currently at the hotel with my twin brother. I would like to thank you all for the information and guidance you have provided for us. Finding this website has helped me more than I could have ever imagined. I am ready to start my journey to the 75th Ranger Regiment. As of tomorrow, the only thing I will focus on is becoming the best soldier I possibly can be. I was fortunate enough to get to know many of the other Mentees on here, and we will all look after each other. We're gonna make you proud. Thank you again.
I expect great things from you and all the mentees. Never, never quit!
dsully25
Ranger

Post by dsully25 »

Rangers,

I apologize for the delay. A lot has happened since I last updated you. I have successfully completed OSUT, and I am turning blue tomorrow. OSUT for the most part, was pretty fun. My advice for guys going soon is this, stay away from the shitbags. All they will try to do is drag you down. Surround yourself with a group highly motivated individuals who are competing with eachother and striving to be the best. When you do anything here, be first. PT sucks here. PRT is not challenging at all, and it's nice to get smoked because that can be actually somewhat challenging. If you want to improve, do PT on your own. As my brother stated in his sitrep, our company is known to have the highest success rates in RASP. With that being said, there were a few times where the option 40's were told to go in front of the entire company and each one had to recite a stanza of the Ranger creed. Most were unable to say it right or even at all. All Mentees from the website were able to recite the creed correctly. Know your creed. I know it like its the back of my hand.

Next up is airborne. But first, I have 20 days of leave. That's 20 days to PT my ass off and get into even better shape. I'm looking forward to go home so I can workout on my own time. My last PT test was a 271. I got 50 push-ups, 80 sit-ups, and a 12:47 2 mile. My push-ups were atrocious for this last PT test. For APFT 4 I got 62. I know now I can get mid 60's to 70's. We had very little recovery time for APFT 4, but that's no excuse. By the time I get to airborne, I am confident enough to say I will be scoring a 300+ on the APFT. My plan is to ruck 1-2 time a week with 50+ lbs, run 5 miles 2-3 times, lift and do calisthenics. I will draw up a schedule and post it if you'd like. I will also most likely be doing PT with my recruiter as well. I plan on running/rucking and doing calisthenics in the afternoon/evening.

I want this more than anything and I won't stop until I earn my place in the 75th. It's starting to get real and the hard work is just beginning.
11x Opt. 40 DEP
Ship date 20160906

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Good SITREP, enjoy your graduation you've earned it.

Keep in mind, and this is very important, your first day back from leave you'll most likely have to take a PT test, so don't go getting fat and lazy over the holiday.

Keep working out everyday because BAC PT is very easy, they're there to teach you how to fall out of an aircraft, not to teach you PT, it's expected at that point as a soldier you'll be mature enough to do it on your own.

But then the real fun begins, you'll be thrown headfirst into RASP smokings of the like you've never seen yet. Guys will quit the very first day, several probably, and the next day, and the next. The weaker you are the more it will hurt.

Smoke yourself daily up til then, seriously. Sweat, puke, grunt and groan. You'll appreciate it when they start dropping all around you and you can still fight on to the objective.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. I agree with everything Ranger Cams says. RASP is a serious look at how much you really want to earn your scroll. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
dsully25
Ranger

Post by dsully25 »

Roger Ranger Jim and Ranger cams.
11x Opt. 40 DEP
Ship date 20160906

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Happy New year! When you ruck, limit your pack to 35 pounds; that is the Ranger standard. You can expect to get yourself a massive PT experience first day back from Christmas break. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
dsully25
Ranger

Post by dsully25 »

Rangers,

I was in airborne hold for about a week, and I start airborne school tomorrow. I'm excited to finally start and earn my wings. However, I don't think it will be challenging physically whatsoever. Some of the other mentees that started last week have told me that pt is a joke. I ran a 3 miler the other day in 20 minutes. I'm getting more confident with my pt as I keep progressing. I'm not settling for 20 for 3 miles or 35 for 5. I'm always looking to keep improving no matter my scores. I'm never satisfied with what I can do because I know I can do better. I'm looking forward to RASP because I know it will be the first real challenging thing I have done in the army thus far. I'm going through with a solid group of guys, and I'm ready for the challenge that lies ahead. I started on my packing list already and I should be meeting with the Ranger liaison sometime this week. I'll keep you Rangers updated.
11x Opt. 40 DEP
Ship date 20160906

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. Is your brother in the same class? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
dsully25
Ranger

Post by dsully25 »

Rangers,

I successfully completed airborne school and got my wings. I am in Pre-RASP now. Last night, one of the cadre said we got fucked by our drill sergeants and our black hats. That couldn't be true enough. In basic and airborne, you do mediocre pt, that doesn't help for improvement. This is what I wish basic was like. Today I'm starting to workout twice a day so I can really improve. I'll be here for quite a while so hopefully we get issued our rucks soon, and I can go on some ruck marches. Burns is the only mentee that started RASP so far and he's doing well. I have quite a few friends in that class from my company, and many others, including mentees who will class up with me. Seeing people quit already makes me sick to my stomach. I can't stand that type of mindset and I avoid them like the plague. From talking to all the recycles and people who have been through it, it really seems as simple as just not quitting. We have a long, hard journey ahead of us, but I am confident in my abilities to make it through. I have my eye on the prize and the juice will be worth the squeeze.
11x Opt. 40 DEP
Ship date 20160906

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP, Dylan. BAC was a walk in the park. RASP will be a challenge, as you are discovering. I expect you and your brother to succeed. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
dsully25
Ranger

Post by dsully25 »

Roger Ranger Jim.

We were issued rucks today and we will have them on at all times during the duty day unless told otherwise. They are 40+ lbs. Some of my friends, including some one mentee, started Cole Range today. I have no doubt they will make it.
11x Opt. 40 DEP
Ship date 20160906

dsully25
Ranger

Post by dsully25 »

Rangers,

I am proud to say that Burns has successfully completed Cole Range. He still is unable to log on to the website and post sitreps, due to some problems with his account. All of us classing up soon are prepared, and ready to start what we joined the army for.
11x Opt. 40 DEP
Ship date 20160906

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Dylan, How is RASP progressing? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Letters from School”