SITREP - Patriot

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Patriot
Inprocessing

SITREP - Patriot

Post by Patriot »

Rangers,
I have graduated airborne school and am now waiting to be run to Pre-RASP Tuesday morning. Airborne was a joke and jumping was easy I was worried about shattering an ankle or getting some type of injury that would stop me from graduating but my PLF's were good so I didn't have a problem. I am about 190 so I hit pretty hard but it wasn't bad at all, I also got the experience of being the first man on one of my jumps and the plane did a few passes before dropping us so I stood in the door for a good 5 or 10 minutes and got the full experience. I have my packing list ready for RASP, I am bringing my issue boots to be safe along with my Rocky and Nike boots which are really nice. The 75th liaison came and some kids were moving slow so we did a few pushups and and bear crawls in a classroom and 2 kids wanted to quit for whatever reason. I am really looking forward to getting my final step to get into the 75th Ranger Regiment over with and start my career. I have had a really great mentor who was in C Co 3/75 who has helped me from before I enlisted to now. Many guys don't get the opportunity to get the guidance and help that the mentees on this site have gotten. I appreciate all you Rangers have done for me and will not disappoint.
1/75
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Re: SITREP - Patriot

Post by Slowpoke »

DON'T QUIT !
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Have you met any other mentees? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Patriot
Inprocessing

Post by Patriot »

Rangers,
I have met Ginger and another mentee who's username I don't remember at the moment. They are classing up January 4th as I was supposed to but due to the high number of recycles and previous pre-rasp guys I won't class up till the following class in early February. I was disappointed of course but it's another few weeks to get even more ready. The PT is terrible here I don't break a sweat and it's less than an hour. Finding motivation is tough being in pre-rasp for so long doing nothing but lately I have been starting to get some motivation back hopefully I can get the 300 PT score I was so close to when I graduated OSUT. I have 17 days of block leave starting Friday and I am very excited to go home for a bit and train with my ruck and pool as well along with running and PT. I will be doing a lot of shooting while I'm on leave with my mentor along with land nav practice among other things. A lot of the recycles failed land nav due to the standard increase and also for dumb reasons not from failing physical events. I will keep feeding the fire I have to make it through and will never quit. This site has put us Mentees ahead of the curve already as far as knowledge of the 75th and all of the other tasks in the 5 Mentees thread. I am thankful for all of your help and the time all of the Rangers on this site put in every day to ensure we have the best chance possible to make it.
1/75
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Great sitrep.

A few words of advice - don't get cocky or complacent with your current level of PT during your block leave. We have numerous horror stories of prior mentees who did exactly that and paid the price of going worldwide because they thought smoking and joking was more important than keeping up and continuing to make steady improvements with regards to their level of fitness.

Don't be one of those who does the same.

Enjoy your leave, but use your time wisely.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

Return to “Letters from School”