SITREP: CHRIS

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
DCGreen22
Embryo

SITREP: CHRIS

Post by DCGreen22 »

SITREP: I graduated from Airborne school last Thursday with no problems and am currently in Pre-RASP. Our estimated start date for RASP 1 is 4 May 2015. A lot of the guys who were already here are recycles from another RASP 1 class and have given me a little insight into what I can expect at RASP 1. In the meantime I'll be sure to update this weekly as well as doing as much PT during my personal time as possible.
"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands." -GEN John A. Wickham, Jr
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP: CHRIS

Post by Jim »

DCGreen22 wrote:SITREP: I graduated from Airborne school last Thursday with no problems and am currently in Pre-RASP. Our estimated start date for RASP 1 is 4 May 2015. A lot of the guys who were already here are recycles from another RASP 1 class and have given me a little insight into what I can expect at RASP 1. In the meantime I'll be sure to update this weekly as well as doing as much PT during my personal time as possible.
Good SITREP. Please keep us updated on your progress. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Jim wrote:Good SITREP. Please keep us updated on your progress. Never, never quit!
Stay focused on your goal and continue to work on your PT on your off time, it will pay off later.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

I'm getting ready to wrap up my second week here at Pre RASP and so far it hasn't been nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. We barely do PT and when we do it isn't very strenuous. Today we went on a mile and a half ruck run that was somewhat difficult mostly because it was a dead sprint for a majority of it and running is not my strong point. To keep myself in shape I've been going to the gym everyday as well as doing push-ups and sit-ups in the bay at night. I usually do 20 minutes of cardio at the gym and use the weekends for runs and swimming to help improve my running. I will make sure to keep you all updated in my progress.
"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands." -GEN John A. Wickham, Jr
gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

Don't let PRE-RASP fool you. Focus on your cardio because if you make it to Cole Range, you will be doing a little bit of running to the woodline.
Bco 3/75 08-11' Death Angels
TCCC/LTT instructor - SIMMEC Training Solutions 11-14
7232nd MSU Fort Hood, TX 14-Present
"Doc, I feel a bunch of warm stuff going down my body..."
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

Roger that Ranger gRavepc
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

Yeah just a bit ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

No new news to report this week just a continuation of the monotony that is Pre RASP. Today we did go on a 3 mile ruck and ran up cardiac hill which wasn't to bad. I'm still conducting my own PT after we are released to better prepare myself. Only one more week of Pre RASP and then the real fun begins.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

DCGreen22 wrote:No new news to report this week just a continuation of the monotony that is Pre RASP. Today we did go on a 3 mile ruck and ran up cardiac hill which wasn't to bad. I'm still conducting my own PT after we are released to better prepare myself. Only one more week of Pre RASP and then the real fun begins.
Please keep us updated and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

Sorry for the late post Rangers again no real news. This is my final week of Pre RASP. RASP 1 officially starts Monday I've been sick all week so I had to cut my workouts short this week to make sure I'm healthy and good to go for Monday. I'll make sure to keep you updated.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Remember, when everything sucks and things get hard, suck it up. It's supposed to be hard, if it were easy anybody could do it. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

DCGreen22 wrote:Sorry for the late post Rangers again no real news. This is my final week of Pre RASP. RASP 1 officially starts Monday I've been sick all week so I had to cut my workouts short this week to make sure I'm healthy and good to go for Monday. I'll make sure to keep you updated.
Another week has come and gone. Any new developments?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

Sorry for the late post Rangers my phone broke on Monday and I haven't had time to leave post and get it fixed. I'm using a Ranger buddies phone until then. Week 1 of RASP is over we start week 2 Monday and go to Cole Range Tuesday which will be a fun filled couple of days. We started Monday with 169 people and we're already down to 130 after one week of training. I was able to complete all of this past weeks events (the doughboy, 5 mile run, 6 mile ruck, and swim test). I'm just going to stay focused and concentrate on land nav and getting past Cole Range this upcoming week. I'll keep everyone updated on my progress after Cole Range.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

DCGreen22 wrote:Sorry for the late post Rangers my phone broke on Monday and I haven't had time to leave post and get it fixed. I'm using a Ranger buddies phone until then. Week 1 of RASP is over we start week 2 Monday and go to Cole Range Tuesday which will be a fun filled couple of days. We started Monday with 169 people and we're already down to 130 after one week of training. I was able to complete all of this past weeks events (the doughboy, 5 mile run, 6 mile ruck, and swim test). I'm just going to stay focused and concentrate on land nav and getting past Cole Range this upcoming week. I'll keep everyone updated on my progress after Cole Range.
Please keep us updated on Cole Range events and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

Cole Range is over! I'm happy to report that I passed the land nav course today. We rucked 6 miles to Cole Range Tuesday morning with 139 people, we lost approximately 10 who did not meet the 1 hour 45 minute standard on the ruck and another 20 or so at Cole Range who chose to quit or were caught on integrity violations during our land nav iterations. We spent plenty of time between land nav hitting the wood line, going through the trench, getting smoked, and plenty of other fun activities our cadre could think of while we were out there. The worst day was probably Thursday when we went for a 5 mile run when it was above 90 degrees with ammo cans, MRE boxes, and sand bags mixed in with buddy carries through the land nav course. I was worried about my chances of passing land nav mainly because I was only able to find 12 out of the possible 25 points most of which I found during the day. I only found a total of 3 points on two separate night land nav iterations. This week we have RFR and airborne operations. I'll make sure to keep you all updated on the upcoming weeks events.

Return to “Letters from School”