SITREP-Ark

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Ark
Future Soldier / Opt40

SITREP-Ark

Post by Ark »

Hello Rangers, I am currently on the bus to Fort Sill. Thank you for the vast amount of information and guidance available here. Again. Thank you very much and I will post another SITREP once I'm released for Exodus.
68W OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20141118

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP-Ark

Post by Jim »

Ark wrote:Hello Rangers, I am currently on the bus to Fort Sill. Thank you for the vast amount of information and guidance available here. Again. Thank you very much and I will post another SITREP once I'm released for Exodus.
We expect you to succeed. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

You have a long pipeline ahead of you, do not lose site of the end goal. There is nothing more badass than being a Ranger Medic. At least thats what I tell myself..
Bco 3/75 08-11' Death Angels
TCCC/LTT instructor - SIMMEC Training Solutions 11-14
7232nd MSU Fort Hood, TX 14-Present
"Doc, I feel a bunch of warm stuff going down my body..."
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

gRavepc wrote: There is nothing more badass than being a Ranger Medic. At least thats what I tell myself..
I quite agree. Badass and well trained. I might add.

Ark, keep us updated on your progress. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

I also agree with Ranger gRavepc. Keep focused on your goal & post when you can.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Go get it done! My best advice is to give 110% every minute of every day and only associate with those who do the same. NEVER, NEVER QUIT!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Ark
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ark »

Rangers, The Army is not what I expected. Basic is really easy physically and mentally. We do 5 reps of 3 count push ups when we get smoked (unless it's something "serious" i.e. not doing fire guard and saying the only way you will is If the first sergeant comes and tells you to in person.) ,and even then if you don't PT on your own you're going to fail. However, I have enjoyed it all so far. Especially the CLS training, my platoon even won the CLS streamer. I've also met two other 68W opt.40 soldiers and have referred them here. Unfortunately, now that I'm home I've finally chosen to see a doctor and it turns out I now have bronchitis and sinusitis so I won't be able to PT for a few days.
68W OPT 40

rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Take this time off to get healthy and also stay in shape. Enjoy your family and have a very merry Christmas. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Ark wrote:(unless it's something "serious" i.e. not doing fire guard and saying the only way you will is If the first sergeant comes and tells you to in person.)
What the actual fuck?!? Please tell me you came up with this during a cheese nightmare and it didn't really happen. Otherwise please post a picture of the grease stain that is surely all that remains of the perpetrator.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Ark
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ark »

Rangerjd, thank you and have a very Merry Christmas yourself.

RangerX, It happened and he's still alive for now. He was given two counseling statements, ART-15, and must do fireguard every night for the duration of his time at BCT. However, I don't think he's going to make it. He's a complete shit bag, wussed out of our brigade run and went to sick call for a shaving profile, answers sarcastically and rolls his eyes to the Drill Sergeants which gets his platoon and on occasion the entire battery smoked, tells all of the people in the bay how he's going to fuck us all over and not make his bunk, prepare for inspection , and so on. I'll post a picture when my SDS rips his scrawny head off.

Merry Christmas Rangers.
68W OPT 40

gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

Ark wrote: RangerX, It happened and he's still alive for now. He was given two counseling statements, ART-15, and must do fireguard every night for the duration of his time at BCT. However, I don't think he's going to make it. He's a complete shit bag, wussed out of our brigade run and went to sick call for a shaving profile, answers sarcastically and rolls his eyes to the Drill Sergeants which gets his platoon and on occasion the entire battery smoked, tells all of the people in the bay how he's going to fuck us all over and not make his bunk, prepare for inspection , and so on. I'll post a picture when my SDS rips his scrawny head off.
This kid sounds like a real straight shooter. :roll:
Bco 3/75 08-11' Death Angels
TCCC/LTT instructor - SIMMEC Training Solutions 11-14
7232nd MSU Fort Hood, TX 14-Present
"Doc, I feel a bunch of warm stuff going down my body..."
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Are blanket parties still a thing? Makes you wonder why the fuckstick signed the papers...
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Ark wrote:Rangerjd, thank you and have a very Merry Christmas yourself.

RangerX, It happened and he's still alive for now. He was given two counseling statements, ART-15, and must do fireguard every night for the duration of his time at BCT. However, I don't think he's going to make it. He's a complete shit bag, wussed out of our brigade run and went to sick call for a shaving profile, answers sarcastically and rolls his eyes to the Drill Sergeants which gets his platoon and on occasion the entire battery smoked, tells all of the people in the bay how he's going to fuck us all over and not make his bunk, prepare for inspection , and so on. I'll post a picture when my SDS rips his scrawny head off.

Merry Christmas Rangers.
My recommendation is ostricize his ass. Shun him, act as though he doesn't exist. He'll do something really stupid and get the boot.
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

We had a kid way back when, about 2 weeks into basic who would keep sitting down during formation and yelling that bugs were all over him and burning himself with a lighter trying to kill them (you could still smoke back then in the barracks area). If I remember correctly he didn't last more than another week after that. Sometimes they slip thru the cracks bud. Fuck him. Do what you're there to do and avoid him like the plague.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Ark
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ark »

RangerX, He sleeps in his sleep system. Could just roll him off the top bunk and let the floor greet his face. (This would be believable considering we actually had one soldier in Reception who fell off his bunk because during a seizure.)

Roger, Rangertough and Ranger Cams. I hope he goes AWOL personally..
68W OPT 40

Return to “Letters from School”