SITREP-Pretzel

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Pretzel1010
Embryo

SITREP-Pretzel

Post by Pretzel1010 »

Rangers,

I head to Fort Bragg 1Aug to attend class 08-14 of SOCM. My class start date should be 16Aug. I appreciate all the help from the website and mentors that I have helped me to prepare for SOCM. I will continue to post on this thread of my progress through school. More posts to follow-

-Ricky
RASP 06-14
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP-Pretzel

Post by Jim »

Looking forward to seeing you progress. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Good Luck at SOCM.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Pretzel1010
Embryo

Post by Pretzel1010 »

Thankyou Ranger Jim I will keep everyone posted. Thankyou Ranger Charlie.
RASP 06-14
Doc_Dino
Tadpole

Post by Doc_Dino »

How was Pre-SOCM I heard things may different due to the changes in the Tuition Assistance requirements? I will be looking forward to reading your future SITREP's. Good luck buddy.
4th Infantry 2011-present
Pretzel1010
Embryo

Post by Pretzel1010 »

Rangers, I have begun in processing post and finding my way around. Unfortunately, there is a 4 day holiday for civilians as well so some of this process was put on hold. This base is definitley a culture shock, I am so used to be being around tons of Rangers, now its as if we are a rare breed.
Doc_Dino, pre-socm was helpful in refreshing perishable medical skills that you may have forgotten while on the pipeline to get there. I also learned a ton more about medicine and really was able to appreciate the Range Medic. There is a whole lot of knowledge spread throughout the Ranger Medics that work there. Also there is no longer a csu course due to the change in TA.

-more updates to follow, Ricky-
RASP 06-14
Pretzel1010
Embryo

Post by Pretzel1010 »

Rangers, I have in processed into the schoolhouse and am settled into the barracks. Being around this many SOF units and the overall environment of the schoolhouse has made me feel very privileged to be here. I am thankful for the opportunity to be here and will stay focused and not quit. PT and class up next week, I will provide updates when the pt test is complete.

--Ricky
RASP 06-14
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

I expect great things from you. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Pretzel1010
Embryo

Post by Pretzel1010 »

Thankyou Ranger Jim
RASP 06-14
Pretzel1010
Embryo

Post by Pretzel1010 »

Rangers , I regret to inform you that I ruined my stay at SOCM. I got into trouble and have been denied entry from the course and relieved from the Ranger pipeline, as well as a summarized article 15. I would like to share my journey of bouncing back and moving forward with my career.

At first I was felt low, I was in shock and I didn't know what to do. In my mind I hit rock bottom. Everything I worked for , everything I had pride in was now gone, because of such a foolish mistake of underage drinking. I can tell you, it is not worth it. I had it made, I was spoiled. A young 19 year old in the Army going to the best medical training you could possibly want. But, I lost focus. I had my mind wrapped around the wrong ideals. As each day went by the boards concluded, and the paperwork was signed I sunk deeper and deeper into defeat. I had to call my family, I talked to my NCOS at pre-socm and had to talk to the other Rangers and let them know what happened. I was now titled " 1 of the 5 Rangers."

Days and weeks passed by and everyday I had to explain the story explain my point of view my perspective and how I was going to fix it. I dealt with instructors telling me it was okay, to instructors telling me how I ruined my life and didn't deserve to be in the same building with them, but with the help of my friends we looked towards the future. We used each other to stay strong and not give up. The extra duty sucked, the humiliation till this day, is still not fun, but what's done is done. It took many weeks for me to be able to come onto this website and post this thread. Sometimes you need to fail to truly understand how to succeed. My plans are to attend selection and come back to the school house on the 18D pipeline( which the COC here has signed off on me doing.) For those reading this and want to pursue this life, this pipeline. Don't be like me. Don't make this same mistake, let me be the example of what happens when you don't follow the rules.
RASP 06-14

Return to “Letters from School”