SITREP- Darryn

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
labod
BANNED

SITREP- Darryn

Post by labod »

Rangers,

Today will be the last day I will have the opportunity to speak to everyone in awhile, for tomorrow I head off to the hotel before going to MEPS Monday and shipping out. Before I say my thank you's, I will first apologize for being a major shit bag of a mentee. I have not been on the forums in quite some time, completed nor worked on my task list, and have failed to acknowledge important posts by Rangers. There is no excuse for any of the forehand mentioned and I will take complete responsibility for all my actions and welcome ALL shit that any Ranger would like to throw my way.

Now, I would like to thank any and all Rangers whom have been associated with helping us mentees out. You are all phenomenal men for taking your time to help improve us in our endeavors to become Rangers. I again will apologize for being a shit bag to each and every one of you. I will post SITREPS whenever I have the chance.

For any mentees who read this: push on, work hard and definitely do not do what I did and waste these Rangers' time.

-Darryn
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP- Darryn

Post by Jim »

I expect great things from you. Never. never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Good Luck, Always do your best!

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
labod
BANNED

SITREP 2 UPDATE- Darryn

Post by labod »

Rangers and Mentees,

This weekend, I have had the luxury of being with my family on my 2 day pass as I have now completed my basic training portion of OSUT here at Fort Benning.

I feel that I have come a long way both mentally and physically since I last posted on these forums. 30th AG definitely sucked the life out of me though, I would say that had been my biggest mental f*ck so far. Place just makes you not want to be there; but I drove on and am now officially a Soldier, but not yet an Infantryman. Physically, I have worked hard since arriving here the first day. My first 2-2-2 APFT test scored me a 214, and my last one was a 265 with the one before that being a 275. My pushups are now up to 60-65, 79-85 situps, and my best run so far has been a 13:55. However, everyone in my bay is motivated and we all do extra PT every night during personal time. Along with that, I will add in that my platoon (3rd) of C-Co -58 is the best platoon (according to all of our drill sergeants). Currently, I am the only one in my platoon with an Opt. 40 but 3 others have earned a SF contract in their time here. My last APFT is tomorrow and I'm unsure of how I will perform. My feet are pretty messed up from that stupid 5 1/2 hour 12-mile road march that I recently finished this prior Thursday night after STT. I will try my best though, and shoot for at least a 275 again.

Rangers, I will continue to drive on past OSUT and on to Airborne School of which I start on Sept. 15th, 10 days after I graduate. From Airborne, hopefully having a 300+ PT score by then, I will drive on to RASP and hopefully succeed and be among the ranks of all of you great men here whom use your time to help us.

To conclude, the guidance I have received here has helped me stupendously in becoming a leader amongst my peers in my bay...that coming from somebody who used to hide in the back. So once more, thank you to all of those that use your time to benefit us.

Rangers Lead the Way!

-Darryn
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP 2 UPDATE- Darryn

Post by Jim »

Great SITREP. Good to see you continue to progress. However, your letters from school should be one thread, rather than individual SITREPS. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP 2 UPDATE- Darryn

Post by Steadfast »

Jim wrote:Great SITREP. Good to see you continue to progress. However, your letters from school should be one thread, rather than individual SITREPS. Never, never quit!

No problem - I merge # 2 with his 1st sitrep. Will send Soldier labod a PM.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
labod
BANNED

Post by labod »

Rangers,

Another SITREP is in order! Yesterday I turned blue and today was my graduation day. I am now in holding in my old company for Airborne until the 11the where we will be moved over to improsess. I'm conclusion of my OSUT experience, I must say it was rather easy. My highest PT score was only a 275 but I have improved significantly since my first one being a 214 and I fully expect myself to have a 300 by the end of Airborne or so. Once again, I will say I was graced with having one of the best companies and platoon I could have asked for. We were dubbed 'honor' platoon and we had the best drill sergeants.. most being quad stacked. Also, I will mention that we changed command half say through and our new CO actually was a Ranger. He further went in to make our company the guideline for future companies in a brief that he gave us. He basically made our FTX hell. We did a straight 48 hours of ops under night and day, rain and shine, with about 1 hour of sleep total. Although it sucked at the time, I am glad he did it his way because I feel it has better prepared me for Cole Range in RASP.

And with these last remarks, I will once again thank you all for your support and assistance and will continue to climb the ladder in becoming a Ranger!
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Continue to work on your PT on time off, this will help you achieve your goal. Stay Focused!

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Congratulations Soldier labod on receiving your Blue Cord.

Keep your focus on your 25m target, stay out of trouble, recite & live by the Ranger Creed as you progress through both BAT & RASP. Never, never quit.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Well, Darryn, You should be ready to jump soon. What's going on? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
labod
BANNED

Post by labod »

Jim wrote:Well, Darryn, You should be ready to jump soon. What's going on? Never, never quit!
Ranger Jim, I've actually not gotten to start training yet. Tomorrow is the first day of BAC! However, there was a pleasant surprise of having another mentee, Kade (luckyonethree), link up with me here at BAC. His class got bumped up a week and we now share the same platoon and squad. I think this will be great in regards to us being able to push each other along through training and keep each other motivated!

Other than that though, I have no further updates.. but I will continue to post SITREPS as I progress through BAC.

With respect, Darryn.
labod
BANNED

Post by labod »

Quick SITREP

Rangers, luckyonethree and I have successfully completed ground week of BAC. I would have to say that I think it's been the easiest thing I've done so far in regards to training. The 'hardest' part was the first time out of the 34' tower but even that was easy for me. I'm afraid of heights but I showed no hesitation to jump on out. In regards to the PT here, I would say it's rather a joke. But yet somehow people are still falling out of the 3.2 mile runs , I've seen two get ice sheeted already which surprised me quite a bit. The black hats said I have a solid PLF on each side, and I had a straight shot through all the graded exercises. Next week we start tower week and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think the free fall towers scare me more than the actual plane does, but more than likely it will be something I'll be able to overcome. If anyone has some tips, I would be glad to hear them!

Respectfully,
Darryb
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Today should be the end of Tower Week. Next Monday, the fun should begin. For both you and Luckyonethreee, best of luck. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
labod
BANNED

Post by labod »

Right on the ball, Ranger Jim.

Today marked the last day of tower week and next weeek we start our jumps. I'm excited to be moving on to jumping but not so excited for waiting in the harness shed all day... But it is what it is. "Hurry up and wait." As always.

Anyway, I will post a SITREP at the end of next week informing you all of the progress made.

Respectfully,
Darryn
labod
BANNED

Post by labod »

SITREP

Rangers,

Today I successfully graduated from BAC. Jump week was a very long and tedious week full of details, conquering fears, and of course lack of latrine breaks. I absolutely love jumping though! Although I have a fear of heights, I can say there is nothing quite like jumping out of an aircraft and waiting for that opening shock. I had only two iffy situations, one on my combat jump when my risers got twisted and another when I had a suspension line wrapped around my neck after making a PLF on the center dirt road on Fryar and got dragged a few feet.

For future paratroopers, the only advice I have is don't do something stupid on the weekends. We lost about 30 18 X-rays in one weekend because they all went out and decided to drink. We also lost a mentee from this site for the same reason. So don't be stupid, do the right thing abide by the Ranger creed as always and keep feet and knees together!

Rangers, I move on to pre-RASP next Tuesday along with Kade, Gerrick, Seth, and I believe a few other mentees. I am excited as ever after seeing some pictures today from the 30th Anniversary of the Regiment; which I was unable to go to due to graduation :/ Very cool to see the Rangers have switched to the the new uniform already.

This SITREP has been too long so I will take leave now and send future updates as always!

As dedicated as ever,
Darryn.

Return to “Letters from School”