AIT

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
uiFX
Future Soldier / Opt40

AIT

Post by uiFX »

Graduated AIT on Tuesday. I know I've never been active on these forums but I figure I should let everyone know I'm still alive and the desire to be a Ranger is still there. Anyways, it really wasn't difficult except having to live with shit bags that brought down the whole platoon. I was shocked to see that the majority of the people here just don't give a shit about integrity or putting forth their best effort. To make a long story short, I went to sick call for an eye infection that was getting pretty bad and they told me I can't ship to airborne. I was supposed to leave today but now I'm not sure when ill be leaving. In addition to this, a sergeant mentioned something about me having to report to an airborne unit first before I get the chance to go to RASP. That didn't sound right to me but if anyone has heard of something like this happening before please help me out. Here is my most recent pt test results. PU-66 SU-82 2MI- 13:34. Thank you for the help, Rangers.
13F OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20121009

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: AIT

Post by Jim »

Excrellent SITREP! Don't take rumors too seriously. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Jim wrote:Excellent SITREP! Don't take rumors too seriously. Never, never quit!
Ditto, Stay focused on your goal.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
uiFX
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by uiFX »

I figure I should elaborate a bit more for any other 13f DEP's. First off, Ft. Sill is windy all of the fucking time. Get used to it quickly. We froze our asses off here almost everyday but now it's a bit warmer and not so annoying. This is said all the time but do what you're told and you'll make it. The pt was a bit harder than basic but not too bad overall. It's really how hard you push yourself that makes the pt hard here. Week one you'll do communications and learn how to operate radios. It's easy, just pay attention and do not fall asleep in class. Week two is land nav in the classroom and then you go out and do a graded course. Again, it's pretty easy just pay attention and do it like they show you. Also, take advantage off the hills to terrain associate. You'll see what I mean. Week 3 is guard fist. Calling in fire missions on the simulator and learning about your actual job. Week 4 was live fire and it was easy. Just relax and remember what you're taught in class. You have plenty of practice so live fire isn't that big of a deal. It's cool to see the rounds hit though. Week 5 we went out in the field and learned some cool stuff (you'll see) and week 6 you graduate. I'm keeping it brief because you should figure it out for yourself. That seems to be the pattern in the Army. The hardest part will be making sure you pt on your own and push yourself in all of your platoon pt sessions. I can say for myself I wish I would've ran more on my free time but I'm working on it now. Don't get discouraged by the shitty people in your platoon. They'll earn you a few smokings and piss you off but remember to keep your cool and don't do anything stupid. Remember that RASP is just around the corner. Another thing, if you don't have option 40 they were on the ball with getting a Ranger briefing for those with and without opt. 40 contracts. I'll say this, the Ranger briefing was awesome. It may sound weird but I had goosebumps the whole time he was explaining RASP and life in the Regiment. It was the most motivated I've been since joining the Army. I don't know what it was but seeing someone that has been there and done that motivated the fuck out of me. Anyways, just listen to your cadre and you will be fine. It's easy and you should have plenty of time to do some pt on your own. A couple of questions though... My running hasn't suffered too much from the bronchitis but I've had some pretty intense pain at times in the big toe on my left foot. I'm not sure if I should wait till airborne or get it checked out here. I'm rescheduled to leave this Thursday for airborne. Any help is appreciated, thanks Rangers.
13F OPT 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Excellent SITREP. Keep up the good work and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

Keep it up killer. You're not out of the woods yet...
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

It has been over a month, SITREP, please.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
uiFX
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by uiFX »

I failed my pull-ups on the pt test and was dropped from the course. I'm disappointed about it but I'm not here to make any excuses. The dream to be a Ranger is still alive. I will maintain my focus and continue to push myself in pt so that this doesn't happen again. I know it may be some time before I'm able to get orders back to RASP but I won't lose motivation. Currently I'm in WW and heading to the 82nd soon. Thank you to all the Rangers and the information they have given to me. I will still hang around here and learn as much as I can before returning.
13F OPT 40

GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

uiFX wrote:I failed my pull-ups on the pt test and was dropped from the course. I'm disappointed about it but I'm not here to make any excuses. The dream to be a Ranger is still alive. I will maintain my focus and continue to push myself in pt so that this doesn't happen again. I know it may be some time before I'm able to get orders back to RASP but I won't lose motivation. Currently I'm in WW and heading to the 82nd soon. Thank you to all the Rangers and the information they have given to me. I will still hang around here and learn as much as I can before returning.
I will tell you what I told Gundams...

This is a setback, but not a show stopper. I am proud of what you have accomplished thus far, and expect monthly updates on your progress at a minimum. This serves two purposes; it will keep Rangering foremost in your mind, and will serve as a non-biased description of events following RASP relief. Others in this forum will be able to observe for themselves what happens, and contrast it with their experiences.

Failure is almost respectable, particularly they way you are approaching it. If you quit you are essentially a non-entity to Rangers everywhere. Good luck, and don't quit.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

Get with Gundams in hold-over. You two need to help one another prepare for the next go-round.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

uiFX
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by uiFX »

Alright I know I've been away for quite some time but I'm still pursuing becoming a Ranger. All I can say is I've been busy in the 82nd and it sucks some days but I do enjoy my job as a fister. I've been training harder than ever and pushing to get back to RASP but I realized quickly they do not like to give up soldiers to the 75th (it seems like there is some animosity towards Rangers here)... Regardless, we have a deployment coming up which I'm excited for and I hope after that I can get out of here. Hopefully gaining some experience from it and coming back to RASP stronger and more mature. I can admit I really didn't know how great the opportunity was to have a chance with RASP and then fuck it up. I know this will only motivate me more once I do get back there however long it will take. In the meantime I appreciate everyone helping me out with incredible information/motivation on these forums. We're about to be in the field for a month but I'll continue to post updates once we get back. Thanks again to everyone for all of the help on these forums.
13F OPT 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

uiFX wrote:Alright I know I've been away for quite some time but I'm still pursuing becoming a Ranger. All I can say is I've been busy in the 82nd and it sucks some days but I do enjoy my job as a fister. I've been training harder than ever and pushing to get back to RASP but I realized quickly they do not like to give up soldiers to the 75th (it seems like there is some animosity towards Rangers here)... Regardless, we have a deployment coming up which I'm excited for and I hope after that I can get out of here. Hopefully gaining some experience from it and coming back to RASP stronger and more mature. I can admit I really didn't know how great the opportunity was to have a chance with RASP and then fuck it up. I know this will only motivate me more once I do get back there however long it will take. In the meantime I appreciate everyone helping me out with incredible information/motivation on these forums. We're about to be in the field for a month but I'll continue to post updates once we get back. Thanks again to everyone for all of the help on these forums.
I spent more than three years in the 82d. Good unit. If you are going to deploy, do a superb job. When you redeploy, ask for Ranger School. I assume you are a SP4 by now. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Letters from School”