Sitrep from Grim666

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Sitrep from Grim666

Post by Sleepy Doc »

He made it past the first Gate. I figure I'll let his words do the talking..
Just a little update. I have now graduated basic training and I am sitting at the wonderful airport waiting to go to Ft. Sam Houston. I did well, nothing was very hard. More of the immaturity especially of those that were older. I expected it from the younger ones.. .. Overall not a bad experience although I think it could be tougher. I guess that is why they call it relaxing Jackson. I will keep in touch and updated. Thanks again for the last letter it helped me out a lot especially with what you wrote about missing my family. Family day and graduation day were by far the best. I almost didn't even care about graduation day I was looking forward to family day so much more.
Here is part of my reply. Good advice for any young Hooah..
From this point on, you will hear a lot of shit talking, if you haven't already. Everything from guys saying that you will air-lock out of subs with the SEALS to HALO missions off the space shuttle. DO NOT believe WORD ONE. Think of it; these people are talking about "I heard this.." or "somebody told me that". When you hear this banter, ask yourself, "how much time has this person spent in Battalion?" I'm willing to bet, not one stinking day. Worry about keeping up on your PT (you will have to do this on your own), and maintaining your GPA to graduate. Let other people worry about honor grad and other shiite. Again, your time will come to be a rockstar, soon enough. Above all else, keep your nose clean. Learn to say, "thanks, but no-thanks." and let the others do some stupid shit. I'm not saying don't enjoy your time off, because there will be plenty of it. Just remember that you have one purpose and one only; to get the fuck out of Ft. Sham Hillbilly and move on to the next step, which will be three short weeks of Airborne, then the big Magilla. If you have any questions at all, even they seem silly, don't hesitate to ask.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Sitrep from Grim666

Post by Jim »

I could not have said ir better/\.
Last edited by Jim on November 3rd, 2012, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

The Sleepy Doc,
Thanks for the sitrep on Grim666. Words of wisdom to him.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

Another sitrep:

I have been pushed ahead by 3 weeks since I am already a certified paramedic. The army does not feel the need to send you through training you have already accomplished. So if you are a NREMT-B or NREMT-P you will "fast tracked" into the whiskey phase. We were caught in this limbo since you still need to renew your CPR card. According to the one academic adviser you normally bump up 6 weeks. This week we started class. So far so good we have our first exam next week. Overall it takes more energy trying to keep ones self straight around here and to do the right thing since it has become much like a college campus it seems. One advantage to being older I guess is I don't care to go out drinking and that nonsense. I would rather sit in the "study hall" and get ahead on my homework and read the pathophysiology book I was given from my wife. Keeps my head straight. We finally got access to start using the gym. Getting acclimated to the humidity down here is taking a bit however, hopefully that will serve me well going to Ft. Benning. Not trying to get ahead of myself but trying to find out some information as to whether or not they will move up my Airborne and RASP class or not since I have been accelerated. I will continue to post sitreps as I can.
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Sitrep from Grim666

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Your doing well so far, now continue the mission and see it through to your goal.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

From my mentee, getting shit done..
Well part 2 of the mission is complete. Technically I am now MOS qualified. I graduate next Friday. I have a 94 GPA which is in the top ten of the class. However, I cannot be an honor graduate because I fast tracked. I was able to get HRAP as well which they took away because I am Airborne. So much for hard work..... It looks like as of now I will be a holdover here until I go to Airborne. The platoon sgts here said that I will not get my orders until graduation day which still makes no sense to me but nothing I can do about it. Got a first time "GO" on my trauma lanes with the one instructor who many would consider to be the most difficult. He is actually a pretty dam good NCO in my eyes. Doesn't take any crap and expects you to perform. I had two other guys, one who is also a paramedic and fast tracked with me and a Corporal from 10th Mountain in Ft Polk that were motivated. We just fed off of each other and always pushed each other despite all the whiners around us. Hopefully I can get an Airborne slot soon. I will keep you updated with my progress.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Well done Doc. This young man should have no troubles if he keeps this attitude.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Great sit reps and great job so far stud. Keep pushing forward to your goal. We're already proud of you. Certainly makes me miss my youth.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Continuing to make it happen..
OK part 3 complete. I have earned my wings and graduated Airborne School today class 30-12. We are now in holdover till Tuesday when the Cadre come to pick us up at 0845. The jumps were a lot of fun. I am sticking with the one guy I went through AIT with who also has the Option 40. We have been working out extra according to the schedule that the Cadre has given us. Almost got a huge blow today when I checked in with the RASP cadre they said that I did not have an Option 40 in my contract and I needed to get back to get on the bus to Ft. Bragg. They asked if I had any paperwork. I said I did and ran back to the company to retrieve said paperwork. Once they looked it over they said I was correct and it indeed was in my contract. The one SSG made a phone call and told me I was good to go. A great big thanks to my wife for being such a pain about making sure I made 5000 extra copies of everything to take with me. It certainly paid off. Will keep you updated with any new developments. Hopefully I am able to get into the September RASP class. Not sure how they determine any of that. I should find out soon enough though.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

:lol: Like the great rapper, Jay Z said "I ain't step out of shit. All my paper's legit." :lol:
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

Well the first leg of the journey is complete. I have successfully graduated RASP class 09-12. Graduation was great as my family was able to make it and seeing them after so long there was no words to describe. In addition to how proud of me they were. My platoon was very fortunate to have Command Sergeant Major Faris come speak to us while we were at the one range. It was an honor to not only be standing there with him knowing he took the time out just to speak with us RASPees. He had some great insight into the workings of things and the future. He shared some great stories with us and showed us both the good and bad side of being involved in the Special Operations Community. Now it is off to PreSOCM then to SOCM to complete the journey.

Words of advice to those who are going to RASP:
-Attention to detail. Make sure you pay attention to everything the cadre say and all the advice they give. While at the time it may seem ridiculous or even that they are lecturing it is all meant for your benefit.
-Do PT on your own and push yourself. It will make things easier for you later.
-Keep your head in the game. They are there to weed people out. That is their job.
-Remember and live the Ranger Creed.

That's about all. Thank you to all the Rangers that have posted the wealth of information on here it was invaluable.
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Well done. I took the liberty of quoting you to some of the troops in the pipeline.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Letters from School”