Sitrep from Grim666

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Sitrep from Grim666

Post by Grim666 »

Quick update. Working on clearing Fort Bragg and moving the family to Fort Benning to start my time assigned to RSTB. Can not wait to get out of here. Ranger Invictus will hit you up once we get down there thank you for all your help.
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Congrats, brother! Benning is not as bad for permanent party as most think. Columbus is a LOT bigger and nicer, now!Working under the flag pole ain't such a bad gig. Actually, it is a testament to your abilities and skills. They don't just let anyone work at the schoolhouse so someone holds you in high regard. From what I've seen so far, it is totally justified.

Again, well done, my friend...well done!
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Sleepy Doc wrote:Congrats, brother! Benning is not as bad for permanent party as most think. Columbus is a LOT bigger and nicer, now!Working under the flag pole ain't such a bad gig. Actually, it is a testament to your abilities and skills. They don't just let anyone work at the schoolhouse so someone holds you in high regard. From what I've seen so far, it is totally justified.

Again, well done, my friend...well done!
Indeed!
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

Well I am in-processing Ft. Benning now. Should be done next Wednesday hopefully. All of these wonderfully scheduled mandatory briefs. I have been spending any free time I have over at RSTB figuring out how the day to day goes. Pre-SOCM is a bit different now but still the same reasons behind all they do. To make you a better medic and to help you succeed at SOCM. Any of you that will be choosing the 68W route if you have questions please feel free to ask, and second I will see you if / when you make it through Basic, AIT, Airborne, and RASP.
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

And that is what you call, "Leading The Way.."
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Doc_Dino
Tadpole

Post by Doc_Dino »

Ranger Grimm666,

I have found your posts to be extremely motivating and informative. The information I have discovered in this site is eye opening though I have found yours to be the most useful. I am an active Duty Medic and I am pursuing the opportunity to attend RASP 1 and the SOCOM course but have been in the dark about what to expect until discovering your Sitrep here. I relate more to your posts than any of the other Ranger medics I have read posts from so far as I am married with kids and even though I am only 25 my guys like to call me an old man because I act so much older than they do (in terms of maturity). I would like to talk more with you about your experiences, I will take you up on your offer to PM you with questions once I have done some more research.

Thank you
Doc Dino
4th Infantry 2011-present

Return to “Letters from School”