Son almost finished

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
AIRBORNEVET
US Army Veteran

Son almost finished

Post by AIRBORNEVET »

If all goes well my boy should graduate RASP this Thursday and will be assigned to 3rd Battalion. Wife and I driving down tomorrow to see the Graduation ceremony. Very proud of him and this accomplishment. Looks like he may have been listening to me a little more than I gave him credit for while growing up. In his own words, "I'm excited to get started doing what I signed up to do." Really happy he's gonna be around the very best and has found where he fits in so early in life. Let the real work for him now begin.
Father of a current 3/75 Warrior
18C20 1993-1996 1SFG(A) Ft. Lewis, Washington 1993-1996
Special Forces Engineer Sergeant Course 29/Jun/92-18/Dec/92
SFAS Class 2-92
U.S. Army Airborne School 1991
Re-enlist as 18X 1991
1985-1987 12C Co. E 23rd Engineer Battalion Hanau, Germany

"Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter-accusations"
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Son almost finished

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Congratulations to both of you. You have every right to be proud.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

AIRBORNEVET wrote:If all goes well my boy should graduate RASP this Thursday and will be assigned to 3rd Battalion. Wife and I driving down tomorrow to see the Graduation ceremony. Very proud of him and this accomplishment. Looks like he may have been listening to me a little more than I gave him credit for while growing up. In his own words, "I'm excited to get started doing what I signed up to do." Really happy he's gonna be around the very best and has found where he fits in so early in life. Let the real work for him now begin.
If all "goes well" he will graduate RASP and be assigned to "1st Ranger BN" 8) :P

Just joking, couldn't resist. Anyways, that is AWESOME! He obviously was "listening to you a LOT" growing up and hell, I'm proud for you Dad! Good on him, good on you and "May God's hedge of protection surround that young Ranger!" :wink:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Congrats to you and your son Dad...I understand how proud you are!...Glad he's heading to 3rd Batt. Might take some pressure of my cherry 3rd Batt kid, I'm sure he'd be happy to pass the attention off on the new Ranger grads...lmao!...I'll see you on the otherside of the door.
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Congradulations to you and your son.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
AIRBORNEVET
US Army Veteran

Post by AIRBORNEVET »

Thanks everyone for the words of kindness and support. I will pass them on to him. Went to his RASP Graduation Thursday and had a fantastic time. Was lucky enough to be asked by him to pin on his scroll. He was also fortunate enough to be selected to recite a part of the Ranger Creed during the ceremony. One of the happiest and proudest moments in my life as a parent. I feel a sense of security and calmness to know he will be part of a close knit organization that recognizes soldiers are their most important asset. Just like any parent I am nervous for what his future holds but it calms me to know he will be taken care of extremely well no matter where he goes by the Rangers he serves with. Enjoying Fort Benning and all the sites as well as teaching him how to spit shine a pair of jump boots. :roll: An extremely weird feeling to look at that little boy that I carried around "piggyback" so many years ago has now became a man and about to become a warrior. May he represent all the Rangers before him and the ones serving now with the honor, integrity, and courage that this organization was built upon and so justly deserves. I have no doubt he is where he wants to be and understands the honor and privilege to have been selected for a chance to prove his worth in Battalion.
Father of a current 3/75 Warrior
18C20 1993-1996 1SFG(A) Ft. Lewis, Washington 1993-1996
Special Forces Engineer Sergeant Course 29/Jun/92-18/Dec/92
SFAS Class 2-92
U.S. Army Airborne School 1991
Re-enlist as 18X 1991
1985-1987 12C Co. E 23rd Engineer Battalion Hanau, Germany

"Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter-accusations"

Return to “Letters from School”