Sitrep - Willis

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Willy_P
Ranger

Sitrep - Willis

Post by Willy_P »

Evening Rangers of the site, I'm here to proudly say I've completed the first portion of OSUT and I'm sitting in the hotel for the remainder of my 36 hour pass. I report back tonight at 2100 to resume the training. As Kraddy said, we're all deemed 11C, so we're going to be stuck to the mortars for a while now. I'm ready to return back to Sand Hill believe it or not. I'm ready to move on further down this path. My last PT test I scored a 284. I ran a 1300 2 mile, 74 pushups, and 68 situps. I'm working to improve those situps because thats all that is keeping me from that elusive 300, I'll have it before we're done here though. For PT test, self motivation is imperative here. I shot expert with 37/40. One thing I do have to work on is road marching. I'm really having to learn to step it out with mortar equipment. Nonetheless, I'll finish this with the best of my ability. The greatest piece of advice that I always find myself repeating to myself that Ranger Ndog told me was to take it one even at a time.. Each day, each event. It makes the time go by quickly. We go to the mortar square within 2 weeks, I've really got to work on the large deflections. We've got a week of solid work with them though, so we'll be squared away by the time it comes. I'm looking for expert gunner with that system. I will update with more information when I have it. Thank you all Rangers for your advice. I'm just one step closer.
RASP #08-11
RS #04,05-13
HHC, 3/75 MTR.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Sitrep - Willis

Post by Jim »

Excellent SITREP! Knowing that the Ndog has done a good job preparing you. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Good job stud! We're proud of you! One day at a time, one event at a time. Train on each event as if you're going to combat tomorrow. Have a good one and don't quit. RLTW!
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
Willy_P
Ranger

Post by Willy_P »

Evening Rangers, posting a brief sitrep from my phone. We were allowed them for the day to call in regards to the pay situations. Im surely taking advantages of this. This past week we went through the mortar square. I qualified with my mortar system and scored a 100 on the exam. We have a Pt test next week that I Damn well intend on maxing. After that is FTX. I will update more when I have a chance. I would like to hear about how an 11C operates in the Regiment. Thank you Rangers. I will update more at a later date.
RASP #08-11
RS #04,05-13
HHC, 3/75 MTR.
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Good job on the mortar exam. Smoke your pt TEST! :D Don't worry about how to hump a mortar tube in Regiment, you got plenty of stuff to do before hand to earn your place :wink: One day at a time, one event at a time.

Have a good one and don't quit-RLTW!
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
Willy_P
Ranger

Post by Willy_P »

My apologies for my updates being so far between, Rangers. Currently on weekend between ground-tower week. I graduated OSUT on may 6th and processed into airborne that day. Raspies were split that volunteered during basic. We're set to graduate airborne the 26th of may. Our Ranger liason told us we would be on a two month pre rasp holdover because the cadre take breaks during the summer. Rumors of leave during that are going around but who.knows..who cares lol. Pt is good. Final pt I scored a 287 and ran a 12:40. Gearing up for rasp these days.. getting anxious..but not controlled by it. Again I apologize for the grammer, but im using my phone. Thanks.for your time, Rangers.
RASP #08-11
RS #04,05-13
HHC, 3/75 MTR.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Good deal. Don't let the 34' tower wig you out - eyes on the horizon!
The rest is gravity & good old fashioned fun.

Two months in pre-RASP can suck but use it wisely - be patient, you're in for four years. Guys who quit because they won't "sit still" in hold are still doing four years - except they're at Ft Hood or East Bumphuque regretting every moment.

Don't screw up on leave! You know the friends you need to avoid, and if you're a paratrooper by then, you won't have anything to say to them or vice-versa anyway.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Feet and knees together. Don't quit and don't listen to stupid rumors. When the Army want's something done they'll let you know. Have a good one!
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
Willy_P
Ranger

Post by Willy_P »

Roger that Ranger Ndog. I actually feel fortunate to have 2 months of hard pt. It'll suck a fat one but ultimately, ill be prepared moreso than someone coming straight from airborne. As for the leave, who gives a shit. I've actually got a Ranger in my hometown who talks to me regularly. Not sure if it'd violate persec by putting his name but im going to stay on the safe side. I should be posting more regularly and browsing more regularly these days. Thanks again, Rangers.
RASP #08-11
RS #04,05-13
HHC, 3/75 MTR.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Don't worry about the browsing and posting for now. If things haven't changed so much, you will be slave labor on post for the next two months. This could be a good or a bad thing but there are work details that need to be done regularly; chute shake out, kp, etc. If you work your ass off and do a good job, they will get to know you and you will get a reputation. It happened when I was waiting for RIP, and I did it when I needed people to work for me at Camp Rogers Aid Station. You can wind up working for the same cats regularly and it can be pretty sweet. Don't know how it is now, but my favorites at the time were working at the RSP rigger shed, KP at the Ranger DFAC, and the post sign shop. The dude that ran it at the time was this crazy-fuck, cool as shit redneck dude. He would make us sweep and mop and cut us loose for lunch at 1000, and then say he didn't want to see us until quittin time at 1500. As long as we kept a low profile we pretty much did as we pleased.

Just don't fuck up. It will be the quickest way to a needs-of-the-Army assignment you can imagine..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Willy_P
Ranger

Post by Willy_P »

Roger Rangers, again self motivation is key here. A friend and I have worked out a decent pt regimen. We do 4 laps around the airborne track. Stop at each workout square. Do the workout, 50 reps, 30 pushups. Move the fuck out. I've gained weight as well, I hang around 133 now. I've grown this odd feeling of confidence about all of this as well.. knowing its not easy.. im nervous as hell about it.. but confident at the same time.
RASP #08-11
RS #04,05-13
HHC, 3/75 MTR.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Willis wrote:Roger Rangers, again self motivation is key here. A friend and I have worked out a decent pt regimen. We do 4 laps around the airborne track. Stop at each workout square. Do the workout, 50 reps, 30 pushups. Move the fuck out. I've gained weight as well, I hang around 133 now. I've grown this odd feeling of confidence about all of this as well.. knowing it's not easy.. I'm nervous as hell about it.. but confident at the same time.
That's a normal reaction. Keeping motivated will improve your opportunities for success. What you need to realize is that way back in the summer of 1970, a couple of my OCS classmates (all of us back from our second tour in Viet-Nam) and I ran laps on the airborne track every afternoon as we were in pre-OCS hold. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
AIRBORNEVET
US Army Veteran

Post by AIRBORNEVET »

Sounds like you are in the same Airborne class (021) as my son. He will be going to RASP with you. Feel thankful you have the extra 2+months to prepare and use every single day to your advantage. I sat on hold waiting for SFAS as a 18X and was able to go through a pre-SFAS course ran by a Maryland SF unit. (Can't remember if they were Reserves or Guard and think they were deactivated later). Was very thankful that this happened. The details may suck but as others said you're in for 4 years. Hell I would mow yards and buff floors in Regiment every day just for the privilege of being around these true warriors and have the opportunity at a chance to be a Ranger. Use every minute to better prepare yourself. I'll send you a PM with my sons name. Slap him in the back of the head for me and tell him I said, "Stay alert, stay alive." :mrgreen: Good luck. This may be the one chance life gives you to do something more than just being average. Use it wisely and don't quit.
Father of a current 3/75 Warrior
18C20 1993-1996 1SFG(A) Ft. Lewis, Washington 1993-1996
Special Forces Engineer Sergeant Course 29/Jun/92-18/Dec/92
SFAS Class 2-92
U.S. Army Airborne School 1991
Re-enlist as 18X 1991
1985-1987 12C Co. E 23rd Engineer Battalion Hanau, Germany

"Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter-accusations"

Return to “Letters from School”