SITREP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Dev89
US Army

SITREP

Post by Dev89 »

Getting recycled from the last RIP class to the new RASP program in January. Im going to make it through and become a Ranger no matter what.
Ship-date 20090512
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Re: SITREP

Post by RangerJurena »

Dev89 wrote:Getting recycled from the last RIP class to the new RASP program in January. Im going to make it through and become a Ranger no matter what.
Never Quit Dev89!

I think the fact that they are allowing you to recycle speaks highly of you. Upon completion you will also be a "collectors item". How many others will say that they went through both? At some point in your career you will be able to say " get down if you never went to RIP and RASP"!

Stay motivated, as has been said here before, "the juice is worth the squeeze"!
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Post by Rangerguru »

Stay focused during the holidays and don't slack off on PT, you already know what you're going to have t do when you get back. Good luck and NEVER QUIT!!!
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Dev89
US Army

Post by Dev89 »

Thank you Rangers, Gonna keep focused on my goals. Ill have plenty of time to do extra PT. I dont think RASP starts until mid January.
Ship-date 20090512
Dev89
US Army

Post by Dev89 »

Well Rangers. I fucked up. I got counseled while in the holdover for RASP i was dropped from the course along with about 30 others. I dont want to make excuses for anything I fucked up and now I have to drive on. Ill be back in 6 months. I want to thank everyone on the site that helped me get as far as I did. I have to keep going. I still want this. Driving on Rangers.
Ship-date 20090512
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Dev89 wrote: Ill be back in 6 months.

No you won't
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Dev89
US Army

Post by Dev89 »

I did'nt believe them when they told me 6 months. However long it takes, Ill be back.
Ship-date 20090512
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Dev89 wrote:I did'nt believe them when they told me 6 months. However long it takes, Ill be back.

as least you know. you will get sent down range to another unit, spend the rest of your enlistment there, re-up for Regiment and then maybe, make it back. suck a dick and they may hook you up w RTB. You won't see war but can get a shot at the Suck sooner than most
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Myself
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Dev89 wrote:Well Rangers. I fucked up. I got counseled while in the holdover for RASP i was dropped from the course along with about 30 others...
For the benefit of other future soldiers with Ranger contracts, what exactly did you and the others do?
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Dev89 wrote:Well Rangers. I fucked up. I got counseled while in the holdover for RASP i was dropped from the course along with about 30 others. I dont want to make excuses for anything I fucked up and now I have to drive on. Ill be back in 6 months. I want to thank everyone on the site that helped me get as far as I did. I have to keep going. I still want this. Driving on Rangers.
Yes, we would like to know what you and 30 others were up to.

Keep your head up Dev89, you can get back there it just may take a while. This is a war time Army and your service is honorable and the Army needs good soldiers. Be the best damn soldier you can be no matter where you end up.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
US Army

Post by Dev89 »

I requested a meeting with the 1sg today and I plead my case and he said he is willing to let me back into the 2nd RASP rotation if I am squared away between now and then. We were counseled for being seen at one of the local nightclubs over one of our only no recall weekends.. We had all planned and went together when one student decided to get arrested and bring everyone into the matter when he talked to cadre. Stay away from downtown columbus if you are currently in holdover for RASP the police here will give you no breaks. I know I was in the wrong by being there and I accept my mistake. I was very lucky and fortunate to be able to have a meeting with the 1sg. Don't make my mistake. Hold off till u graduate.
Ship-date 20090512
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

RRDTm3 wrote:
Dev89 wrote:I did'nt believe them when they told me 6 months. However long it takes, Ill be back.

suck a dick and they may hook you up w RTB.
or let u stay
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

Mentor to Myself
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

Drink water for thirst, go to bed early and often for rest, eat when able, rub one out if possible.............STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ANYTHING THAT MIGHT (even the slightest) CAUSE TROUBLE. You are one lucky little bastard..............luck over skill.........don't always work like you think it does.

You seem to be your own worst enemy. Learn from it or repeat it; its totally up to you. Your full grown man, and making the same mistakes that others have warned you about...........grow up and get over it.

I was 21 when I was in BASIC through RIP............NEVER SAW THE INSIDE OF A "club"; till I had my shit..........and that was about a week after I was in Batt.

If you want no regrets in your life. Your gonna have to learn that you must first have self discipline; before your goals are achievable.

I would say good luck..........but you have used it all up.

Drive on ............... maybe you will be able to Lead The Way...........someday
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz

Return to “Letters from School”