Airborne

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Minnesooootan
Infantryman

Airborne

Post by Minnesooootan »

Rangers, I completed Airborne school late last night. Due to the weather from last week we were late on getting all five jumps in (injury free). But we finished Friday night and graduated on the DZ. Now for the bad news. I dont know what the hell happened, but my orders that brought me to airborne school and RIP got canceled and I got new orders this morning to go to Fort Bragg, I think under the 44th Med, but not sure yet. So, I dont know what this is all about, but I am sick of getting jerked around like this. I was informed by the ops NCO today that since it's in my contract, they don't have to give me RIP now, but sometime in duration of my contract. So I'm just going to keep my chin up and drive on.
RangerJurena's Mentee

68W class 03-09
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Airborne

Post by RangerJurena »

Minnesooootan wrote:Rangers, I completed Airborne school late last night. Due to the weather from last week we were late on getting all five jumps in (injury free). But we finished Friday night and graduated on the DZ. Now for the bad news. I dont know what the hell happened, but my orders that brought me to airborne school and RIP got canceled and I got new orders this morning to go to Fort Bragg, I think under the 44th Med, but not sure yet. So, I dont know what this is all about, but I am sick of getting jerked around like this. I was informed by the ops NCO today that since it's in my contract, they don't have to give me RIP now, but sometime in duration of my contract. So I'm just going to keep my chin up and drive on.
Jeff,

Take .'s advice. If you can figure out how to get an airborne physical, you can figure out a way to get to the 75th LNO. There is no such thing as RIP in the duration of your contract, its a "pipeline" type event where you are either headed there now, or your not.

There is nothing wrong with Ft. Bragg or the 82nd and they are producing damn fine paratroopers and warriors, but I know your end goal has been the 75th. You have excelled at every stop along the way, I have no doubt you will continue to do so. Figure out a way to get there and present your case.

I can't believe you have another issue with your contract. I'll call you.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Embryo

Post by 173dave »

Your in the Army now, They will jerk your chain every chance they get. Some clerk did this to you..........
It's better to be pissed off than pissed on!
173rd Airborne, Vietnam 6/70 to 1/71
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Yep get in contact with the Ranger Liaison asap, and if that doesn't work (in terms of making contact), march your butt directly to RIP and speak with the Cadre in person. Somebody will listen.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

It's Monday stud, where is the update? They got computers all over that place.. unless they already shipped you off to Bragg.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Since all of you don't have access to the Mentor CP, I'll post his up date in the Mojo.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Return to “Letters from School”