RIP class 05-09

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Modus operandi
Paratrooper

RIP class 05-09

Post by Modus operandi »

I graduated yesterday RIP class 05-09 along with many other members from the site that I did not encounter. Ranger The Sleepy Doc was able to make it down for the graduation. I'm assigned to 3/75 along (opsec violation - deleted by Admin) with other Rangers.

Donning the Tan Beret has been the best experience of my life thus far. I know that the easy part is over, but I'm eager to learn and give it my all.
"Carpe diem"

shipdate: 20080814

Ranger The Sleepy Doc's Mentee
RRDTm3
Ranger

Re: RIP class 05-09

Post by RRDTm3 »

Welcome, your life will forever be changed
Last edited by RRDTm3 on April 6th, 2009, 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome RANGER!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

I wouldn't publish anymore stats like that about the program on here. It's probably just me, but it's a bad habit to get into now that you're a Ranger. Keep your situational awareness as there is a war going on now.

Congrats and you "EARNED" your beret! Wear it proudly, then go find a tree Cherry!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Modus operandi
Paratrooper

Post by Modus operandi »

Ranger panthersix,

Roger that. Won't happen again. If some one could edit/remove that it would be greatly appreciated. I'll start pushing for that one.
"Carpe diem"

another damn texan
Ranger

Post by another damn texan »

Congrats, Ranger.
Bco 3/75 1993-1996
RS 1-95
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations, Ranger.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

holy fuck, class was huge...
Bco 3/75 08-11' Death Angels
TCCC/LTT instructor - SIMMEC Training Solutions 11-14
7232nd MSU Fort Hood, TX 14-Present
"Doc, I feel a bunch of warm stuff going down my body..."
Modus operandi
Paratrooper

Post by Modus operandi »

I'm still waiting for a Moderator to edit the number out of my post as it is an OPSEC violation. IF a Moderator could please edit or remove it ASAP I would appreciate it. I will be sure not to let some thing like this happen again.
"Carpe diem"

RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Modus operandi wrote:I'm still waiting for a Moderator to edit the number out of my post as it is an OPSEC violation. IF a Moderator could please edit or remove it ASAP I would appreciate it. I will be sure not to let some thing like this happen again.

"holy fuck shit batman, we just graduated and became true fucking hooahs and already have stepped in a big pile of SHIT"

Fucking right you did, and don't forget............................zero to hero in a nanosecond
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

RRDTm3 wrote:
Modus operandi wrote:I'm still waiting for a Moderator to edit the number out of my post as it is an OPSEC violation. IF a Moderator could please edit or remove it ASAP I would appreciate it. I will be sure not to let some thing like this happen again.

"holy fuck shit batman, we just graduated and became true fucking hooahs and already have stepped in a big pile of SHIT"

Fucking right you did, and don't forget............................zero to hero in a nanosecond
Works in reverse even faster...Hero to Zero in a half of a nanosecond if you get another Ranger(s) hurt or worse because your head is up your 4th point of contact. This is a cheap lesson to learn about situational awareness and OPSEC/PERSEC.

Now you can keep an eye/ear/PC monitor on your buddies for their sakes and yours.

If you are ever approached for anything you think might remotely be related to OPSEC or PERSEC or whatever SEC, then keep your mouth shut and gather intel on your contact trying to pump you for info. Then take everything you know to your chain of command and let them get CID involved.

I'm not a HUMINT guy by any means, but all you need to do to get a holistic view of a unit is to ask very brief, very small questions of many unit members or their friends or their family. Then if you put all the little innocent pieces of info together BAM! Like magic you have an intelligence report that looks like a SALUTE report.

So please, please do us, your friends and your family a favor and don't tell us anything that could be leaked unknowingly to some liberal college turd that wants to overthrow capitalism by providing email info to the enemy!

Oh and hang in there Son, a lot of the ass whoopings you are about to endure are for your safety and the safety of your Ranger Brothers. You'll be earning that Tan beret over and over and over again!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

As you continue your journey, you will have the opportunity to pick up a lot of "lessons learned," some come in formal classroom experiences, some will be "on the job training (OJT)," and some will occur when you step on your crank. It is all part of the learning experience. While we are proud of your accomplishing the initial training at RIP, I need to caution that you have just begun to learn what it is to be a Ranger. Take advantage of each and every learning experience, live the Ranger Creed and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

You should do push ups only because I spoke to you about it already, but EVERYTHING about your job and training is considered OPSEC/ "Need to know" info from now on. (and just because someone has the same or higher clearance, doesn't automatically give them a need to know).. I completely forgot about it, but I was also going to recommend you get one of those confetti shredders for 20 bucks to keep in your room.

Congratulations again, though. Remember what I said; for the next few months the only thing you you have to worry about is where you have to be and at what time, what you need with you, and in what uniform. Keep up with your PT and get your ass to Ranger School as soon as you can.

(Don't forget, I have a lot of friends who are still there to check up on you.. :wink: )
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi

Return to “Letters from School”