Graduated Airborne

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Modus operandi
Paratrooper

Graduated Airborne

Post by Modus operandi »

I graduated Airborne school on Friday class 12-09 and earned my silver wings. jumping out of a c130 was one of the best experiences of my life. I did get a little nervous on the plane each time but I was fine as soon as i jumped. I liked the first seconds before the opening shock the best. There's no other feeling I've experience like jumping into the wind.

I'm staying in the Airborne barracks until we get picked up for RIP hold Monday afternoon. I'm taking this weekend to catch up on sleep and rest my body. The Sergeant Airbornes told us that RIP is backed up so we might be in hold for a while. If that's the case I will have plenty of time to improve my PT and prepare for RIP.

I remember more than a year ago when I first enlisted as a senior in high school. I used to imagine completing Infantry training, going to Airborne school, and then on to RIP. Now I'm here. Time is going by fast and it's unreal that I am where I am now. It seems like every thing has happened so fast that I haven't had time to let every thing sink in. I'm excited to go to RIP hold and become a Ranger. I don't think I've ever been more motivated in my life to do some thing.

I will keep posting as I progress and get closer to becoming a Ranger.

-Modus operandi
"Carpe diem"

shipdate: 20080814

Ranger The Sleepy Doc's Mentee
ShotUp
Soldier

Re: Graduated Airborne

Post by ShotUp »

Congratulations.
02-08 1/128 INF BN
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Excellent job, Airborne! I think being nervous before each jump is probably healthy. Just like riding a motorcycle, when you stop having respect for it, it will bite your ass. Keep up the good work, and don't become lazy while you're in Hold.

Guys in Hold will already start mentally quitting. You'll start hearing things like, "I don't think I want to wait anymore. I want to kill! So, I'm gonna go worldwide..." Translated, this means, "I quit."

Just hang with the guys who are serious about becoming Rangers. Get your body and your mind prepped for what's to come. Then, kick back and watch the quitters fall like dead flies. It will be amusing.

Keep us posted on your progress. Good luck!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

I remember more than a year ago when I first enlisted as a senior in high school. I used to imagine completing Infantry training, going to Airborne school, and then on to RIP. Now I'm here. Time is going by fast and it's unreal that I am where I am now...
Hmmm, now where have I heard that before?..

Good Job, Nico! This is where the fun really starts!.. :twisted:

Like I told you before, you have all the tools you need at your disposal to go as far as you want with this. Just be smart and steer clear of the knuckleheads.

I'm very proud of you. Just a little bit longer and you'l be finished RIP before you know it.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
75rangermom
Ranger Mom

Post by 75rangermom »

Congratulations! Just had to let you know that we are very proud of you and that we thank you for your service. Rip hold is a chance to see how bad you want it. Never quit, never quit, never quit. My son told us he'd never forgive himself if he didn't stick with it. When you think you can't keep going - go ten more steps, ten more pushups, ten more situps. You can do it. RLTW!! God bless you on your journey.
I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Well Done Airborne!

I know that you can't understand this yet, but you about to purchase the E ticket. Stay focused, pull the lap bar all the way down and hold on.

You know the deal, Never Quit.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Post by Ranger Ron »

Congratulations! Now the fun begins.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations, Airborne. You know what to do. Do it.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Letters from School”