SITREP from RIP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
scar
Ranger

Re: update

Post by scar »

RangerJurena wrote:
Infantry_Soldier wrote:
Tenn-RGR wrote:
Is 70% or higher now the RIP standard? Do you have to score 80% or higher before you graduate or did they mention that?
Ranger Tenn-RGR,

They told us we had to do 60% to enter RIP and 70% to graduate. The last RIP class that just graduated today had a lot of guys get recycled because of the final PT test.

Scar,

I am here with you. Send me a PM, we will hook up and do some PT or something this week before we go across to the other barracks into RIP.

It is crazy how many people quit after they failed the PT test. I saw people quit yesterday that I was at Airborne with, (yes I saw this come from their lips) "I will never quit, I got this shit in the bank, when I go to Bat I will own this and that......." Well now they are sitting in World Wide, and we have not even been handed over yet.

I am so Fired Up right now, I can not even describe what I am feeling.
PM? How fucking big can RIP hold be...just start bellowing for "scar" , find him , slap high fives, flip everyone off and then do some push ups.

And both of you...NEVER QUIT.
that would work RangerJurena, the group is up to about 250-300 now, but im going to guess about 50 of those vw tomorrow after they fail their pt test for the second time, we are expected to have a full class of 150 with about 120 filled already, and a new group of airborne just arriving today
3/75 C 1-1

RS 01-10
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: update

Post by Earthpig »

scar wrote:
RangerJurena wrote:
Infantry_Soldier wrote: Ranger Tenn-RGR,

They told us we had to do 60% to enter RIP and 70% to graduate. The last RIP class that just graduated today had a lot of guys get recycled because of the final PT test.

Scar,

I am here with you. Send me a PM, we will hook up and do some PT or something this week before we go across to the other barracks into RIP.

It is crazy how many people quit after they failed the PT test. I saw people quit yesterday that I was at Airborne with, (yes I saw this come from their lips) "I will never quit, I got this shit in the bank, when I go to Bat I will own this and that......." Well now they are sitting in World Wide, and we have not even been handed over yet.

I am so Fired Up right now, I can not even describe what I am feeling.
PM? How fucking big can RIP hold be...just start bellowing for "scar" , find him , slap high fives, flip everyone off and then do some push ups.

And both of you...NEVER QUIT.
that would work RangerJurena, the group is up to about 250-300 now, but im going to guess about 50 of those vw tomorrow after they fail their pt test for the second time, we are expected to have a full class of 150 with about 120 filled already, and a new group of airborne just arriving today
:shock: That's a little more than a room full! Good luck, Grasshopper.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
scar
Ranger

Post by scar »

Rangers, week 2 is over, cole range was a good time :shock: I got to visit the pleasent woodline a few times, and visit a nice "vitamin" fortified pond at about 0230 for a nice little workout. It was hard just like I figured it to be but certainly not hard enough to make me quit. our class started out with close to 190 students and after cole range there was 130 left, we got about 15 inserts though that only have to complete the last 2 weeks, now I am concentrating on the remainder of the critical tasks, the writen test on monday, PT test next monday I believe, and the 12 mile road march, the hardest out of all of them is going to be the written test but I have been studying my ass off and will be prepared for it come monday.

there is one other member from this board that I know of still hanging in there and doing fine.

next time I log on I should have already worn my tan beret and scroll.
3/75 C 1-1

RS 01-10
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Good luck and stay focused.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Excellent. Keep up the pace.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. You can earn that beret and scroll. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
scar
Ranger

Post by scar »

Rangers, I have a bad SITREP to report, on my PT test on day 1 of week 4 I failed on the pushups event of the test. I will be a week 3 insert in the next class and am already working on my my flaws for my next go around, I feel like a shit bag for letting this happen and letting myself and everyone who was supporting me down. However I will achieve my ultimate goal in completing RIP and getting my tan beret and scroll, and intend on being better than I have been before.

my entire PT test results were as follows,

46 pushups
70 situps
31:42 5 mile
11 pull ups

sorry to let all you Rangers down, I am not making excuses and have only myself to blame. next time I come back I will have better news.
3/75 C 1-1

RS 01-10
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Nothing you can't fix.
You know what you need to do now, just go out and do it. Hang tough.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Well, you know what you need to do. It's not like you are the first (or only) one to re-cycle. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Stay with it. Stay focused. Never quit!
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Knock the dust off and drive on.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Look at it as a gut check. You now have a little more time to work on your pushups.

Don't quit and knock 'em out next time.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Return to “Letters from School”