SITREP - Javier

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Baraka481
Future Soldier / Opt40

SITREP - Javier

Post by Baraka481 »

Hello everyone, its been a long time since I have posted on here. I believe the last time I logged in was in April. Anyways a lot has happened since I have visited last. I reported to MEPS on the 17th of August and left the hotel on the 18th to the airport to leave for reception. Reception was a hell of its own, it was definitely worse than basic training (for me atleast). Basic training itself was easy, the hardest part for me was the lack of communication with loved ones but that eroded quickly once I accepted where I was at the moment in time and embraced it. For those getting ready to head to BCT take it day by day, chow for chow. I was caught up in Hurricane Joaquin that hit the east coast. That was interesting too, we drank bottled water and nasty water that tasted like pool water once it ran out. Also, we ate MRE's 3 meals a day for 3 weeks because the DFAC did not have any clean running water. I love MRE's now, my favorite is definitely the Southwest Style Beef. Anyways, fast forward to graduation. It was raining on both family day and graduation day but it was still a great feeling to accomplish those 10 weeks. When you see your family for the first time you almost can't believe it, they even look different at first sight. It is such a foreign thing to experience, If anything DEPs let seeing your family be your motivation to grind the 10 weeks out. If I can give any words of advice to those getting ready to ship it is this. It is going to suck, you're going to miss home and you're going to feel crappy for the first few even several weeks. It comes and goes, the key is to get with the friends that you have made and enjoy their presence. Talk to them about what is on your mind, they are going through the same thing that you are so don't think you are alone. Finally always accept and embrace where you are at that current moment in time. Stress is caused by wanting to be somewhere else other than where you are now. You cant find long term happiness in the future because we live in the present so stay focused on whatever it is you are doing NOW be it BCT, OSUT, AIT, Airborne or RASP. I am currently in AIT at Fort Gordon as a 25B I am on week four out of 20. I am not an 11B so I dont have OSUT obviously but I am thankful that I have extra time to further prepare for airborne and finally RASP. I look forward to the mentoring process and preparing myself for the next several months to come.
25B OPT 40
Ship Date: 20150817
BCT Graduation Date: 20151029
AIT Graduation Date: 20160406
Airborne Graduation Date: 20160513
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP - Javier

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP, Javier. Sounds like you have been busy. Keep up the good work and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Letters from School”