Sitrep- Lucky516

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Lucky516
Inprocessing

Sitrep- Lucky516

Post by Lucky516 »

Rangers,

Sorry for no update. I classed up two weeks ago and everything is going great. We started with 137 people.

Week one- Just in processing and classes on weapons. Introduction to the RPAT was also included. Some good PT runs were included.

Week two- The week everyone dreads (or looks forward too). I will say that it's not the same Cole Range you probably went to, or at least that's what the cadre said. It reminded me of watching Two Weeks in Hell when they were doing their log PT session. I don't want to give everything away though, so you will just have to experience the fun. Honestly, coming from another unit and having to wait almost a year made it so I never thought about quitting. I would almost say I liked the experience because I have been waiting for something like that for so long. I got to find out a tad about who I am. We left Cole Range with 117 also, so make no mistake it still does suck a lot.

RFR was a good week filled with excellent instruction and knowledge. Although it's not as cool as shooting or jumping out of planes it's probably one of the most important things to pay attention too. Lots of hands on time with different methods of saving someone.

Mobility was more of a review for me again. I just tried to help some of the newer guys with learning stuff like PMCS and showing where stuff was on the trucks. Fast roping was awesome. Don't miss the rope is good advice. We did a 10 miler and I came in at 1:57. Good enough for top 10. Now to get my run time faster....Anyway we have a 5 mile tomorrow.

Final Edit:
So I'm finally done! It was an awesome learning experience, and I feel like I have finally found the place I am looking for.

Week 5: Pistol shooting takes a lot of practice. Focusing on the fundamentals and concentrating even when the sun has been beating down on you all day is paramount. I learned A LOT about shooting, and I'm not so great with a pistol. I'm probably mediocre at best , but the level of instruction was top notch and I could see improvement in a short couple of days.

Week 6: A blast. The best week of RASP in my opinion. I probably shot more in this week than I have in my whole career. Again, I learned a lot about shooting, and feel even more confident when holding a weapon. It has gotten me interested in shooting competitions as a hobby.

Week 7: Demo. First time I have ever even seen in real life. Great experience, and the cadre give great blocks on instruction.

Graduation was a great feeling, but I know that I have just earned the right to start learning. The true test begins soon. Thank you everyone on this board for helping me thus far. I will be going to 3/75 at some point.
Last edited by Lucky516 on June 1st, 2014, 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RASP 06-14
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Sitrep- Lucky516

Post by Jim »

Thanks for your SITREP. Look forward to your continued success. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Great SitRep . . .Now finish your mission!

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Lucky516
Inprocessing

Post by Lucky516 »

Updated OP with 2 more weeks of RASP.
RASP 06-14
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You should be ready to start your last week. How is it going?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Lucky516
Inprocessing

Post by Lucky516 »

Added the last part of my journey. Graduation is done. Thank you again everyone!
RASP 06-14
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Lucky516 wrote:Added the last part of my journey. Graduation is done. Thank you again everyone!
So, congratulations are in order and you should be telling us what Batt you are going to instead of us deducing by your avatar.

I'm sure you can give us a more thorough update than one mere line.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Lucky516
Inprocessing

Post by Lucky516 »

Steadfast wrote:
Lucky516 wrote:Added the last part of my journey. Graduation is done. Thank you again everyone!
So, congratulations are in order and you should be telling us what Batt you are going to instead of us deducing by your avatar.

I edited the OP with everything so that people didn't have to search through the thread to find info or my thoughts about the course. I then just made a quick little post to bump the topic because editing the OP won't let anyone know there were updates.

Sorry I will make it more clear that's what I did next time.
RASP 06-14
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Lucky516 wrote:
Steadfast wrote:

I edited the OP with everything so that people didn't have to search through the thread to find info or my thoughts about the course. I then just made a quick little post to bump the topic because editing the OP won't let anyone know there were updates.

Sorry I will make it more clear that's what I did next time.
Separate posts are better because it allows (interested) Rangers to follow along in a chronological order & possibly respond - Remember to tell your Colonel/!st Sgt to not bother you to give sitreps - see how that works out for you.
Each time you added to your original post - it was not newly posted day wise - there was no where for us to respond or to know you had added anything.
To all Future Letters writers - this is not an example we want any of you to follow.
Author: Lucky516 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Rangers,

Sorry for no update. I classed up two weeks ago and everything is going great. We started with 137 people.

Week one- Just in processing and classes on weapons. Introduction to the RPAT was also included. Some good PT runs were included.

Week two- The week everyone dreads (or looks forward too). I will say that it's not the same Cole Range you probably went to, or at least that's what the cadre said. It reminded me of watching Two Weeks in Hell when they were doing their log PT session. I don't want to give everything away though, so you will just have to experience the fun. Honestly, coming from another unit and having to wait almost a year made it so I never thought about quitting. I would almost say I liked the experience because I have been waiting for something like that for so long. I got to find out a tad about who I am. We left Cole Range with 117 also, so make no mistake it still does suck a lot.

RFR was a good week filled with excellent instruction and knowledge. Although it's not as cool as shooting or jumping out of planes it's probably one of the most important things to pay attention too. Lots of hands on time with different methods of saving someone.

Mobility was more of a review for me again. I just tried to help some of the newer guys with learning stuff like PMCS and showing where stuff was on the trucks. Fast roping was awesome. Don't miss the rope is good advice. We did a 10 miler and I came in at 1:57. Good enough for top 10. Now to get my run time faster....Anyway we have a 5 mile tomorrow.

Final Edit:
So I'm finally done! It was an awesome learning experience, and I feel like I have finally found the place I am looking for.

Week 5: Pistol shooting takes a lot of practice. Focusing on the fundamentals and concentrating even when the sun has been beating down on you all day is paramount. I learned A LOT about shooting, and I'm not so great with a pistol. I'm probably mediocre at best , but the level of instruction was top notch and I could see improvement in a short couple of days.

Week 6: A blast. The best week of RASP in my opinion. I probably shot more in this week than I have in my whole career. Again, I learned a lot about shooting, and feel even more confident when holding a weapon. It has gotten me interested in shooting competitions as a hobby.

Week 7: Demo. First time I have ever even seen in real life. Great experience, and the cadre give great blocks on instruction.

Graduation was a great feeling, but I know that I have just earned the right to start learning. The true test begins soon. Thank you everyone on this board for helping me thus far. I will be going to 3/75 at some point.
Last edited by Lucky516 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Please do not BS us you posted twice. Your guidance was to update us. You failed to follow instructions. Having said this, you are going to go to 3d Ranger Battalion. Your next step is to follow the instructions Ranger Steadfast gives you. The tough part is about to start. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Jim wrote:Please do not BS us you posted twice. Your guidance was to update us. You failed to follow instructions. Having said this, you are going to go to 3d Ranger Battalion. Your next step is to follow the instructions Ranger Steadfast gives you. The tough part is about to start. Never, never quit!

Ranger, Three weeks after you've arrived in your assigned Battalion send me a PM to remind me to send you a packet.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Letters from School”