Charlie sitreps

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Charlie sitreps

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Everything worked out; I'll be shipping today. I'll post updates when I am able to do so.
11B
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

IvoryCharlie wrote:Everything worked out; I'll be shipping today. I'll post updates when I am able to do so.
Excellent. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Rangers,
I earned my crossed rifles last Thursday after completing a FTX with severe cellulitis that took up my entire right leg and a dislocated knee without bitching or reporting it. My Drill Sergeant, citing this as well as my 299 on the APFT, has promised to get me a shot at RASP. Obviously, my knee could be an issue, but if I get this opportunity, the only thing that's going to stop me from donning that tan beret is a body bag. I'll update when I get to actually sign this option. I suppose I caught a big break, and there is no way in hell I'm quitting since the stars have basically aligned. Thank you men for all the advice thus far; it has helped me tremendously in the short amount of time that I have been training.
11B
Fuego
Ranger

Post by Fuego »

Good SITREP. Congratulations, you are one step closer to your goals. Remember to stay focused and continuously improve. The path is earned, not given.

Also, update your signature with your actual MOS now that you are no longer an X-ray.
RC 05-00
A/1/502, 101st Abn 97-98
B/1/501, 172 SIB 98-01
B/2/3, 2ID 01-02
A/3/187, 101st Abn 02-04 (OEF1/OIF1)

USARA - LRR4889 (Life Member)

Shoot low, they're riding Shetlands.
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Excellent SITREP, way to drive on. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Congratulations IvoryCharlie on earning your crossed rifles. Keep striving forward & heal up. Never, ever quit.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Thank you Ranger Fuego, Rangerjd, and Ranger Steadfast; I will never quit.
Ranger Jim, today I was placed on Airborne hold, and I have a slot for the January 7th RASP class. I am graduating on the 23rd of October. The Ranger liaison dropped by about a week ago and offered me and 2 others shots at RASP, after about 10 people dropped their option 40s because they know that they lack intestinal fortitude. I plan to get back to running 60 mile weeks again, as I feel very out of shape from OSUT (in terms of running), and I will have the opportunity to do so. My knee is still recovering, and there is no severe ligament damage to disqualify me from airborne. I have memorized most of the Ranger handbook throughout OSUT, and I am focused entirely on succeeding at RASP.
11B
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

IvoryCharlie wrote:Thank you Ranger Fuego, Rangerjd, and Ranger Steadfast; I will never quit.
Ranger Jim, today I was placed on Airborne hold, and I have a slot for the January 7th RASP class. I am graduating on the 23rd of October. The Ranger liaison dropped by about a week ago and offered me and 2 others shots at RASP, after about 10 people dropped their option 40s because they know that they lack intestinal fortitude. I plan to get back to running 60 mile weeks again, as I feel very out of shape from OSUT (in terms of running), and I will have the opportunity to do so. My knee is still recovering, and there is no severe ligament damage to disqualify me from airborne. I have memorized most of the Ranger handbook throughout OSUT, and I am focused entirely on succeeding at RASP.
We talked about this earlier, that is why I offered you added insights. I expect great things from you. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

You earned this slot, now go an earn your WINGS and your SCROLL. Keep your nose clean in Airborne School. Many a good man has become distracted and ended up in trouble because of all the free time. Stay focused on the task at hand. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Roger, Ranger JD and Ranger Jim.
I graduated OSUT on the 23rd and I am still an Airborne holdover; I may remain on this status for quite some time. I was informed that I could, possibly, be a holdover until late November, and at the latest early December. Otherwise, I am continuing to get back into shape, and I am doing all that I can to memorize the Ranger Handbook in its entirety.
11B
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

IvoryCharlie wrote:Roger, Ranger JD and Ranger Jim.
I graduated OSUT on the 23rd and I am still an Airborne holdover; I may remain on this status for quite some time. I was informed that I could, possibly, be a holdover until late November, and at the latest early December. Otherwise, I am continuing to get back into shape, and I am doing all that I can to memorize the Ranger Handbook in its entirety.

What's that 01032016 date for RASP? Do a search on topic: Signature line (sigline).
Then correct yours.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Roger, Ranger Steadfast.
The 20th is supposedly the last airborne slot opening this year, so there is a likely possibility that I will be an airborne holdover into January. This timing would certainly raise issues regarding my tentative date at RASP being January 3rd, so it is also a likely possibility that I will be a RASP holdover after airborne school for quite some time. Everything could work out, but for now there are 12 holdovers that have been waiting for slots for the past 2 months and are slated to leave thursday; only 5 or so holdovers bus over to BAC every week from what I have observed.
11B
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Remember that a lot of Soldiers screw themselves over during holdover by not staying focused on the goal. Stay away from alcohol, drugs and women. Whenever you get the urge to partake in one of these 3, go do some PT instead. You've made it this far, don't do something stupid and end up throwing all of this out the window. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
Retired 95
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Roger Ranger JD.
Ranger Jim, I am still a holdover, and I will be a holdover until, supposedly, January. I have been informed that I will still have a shot at RASP, at a different date. Right now, even though I was cleared by several doctors for airborne, there is an issue that requires me to get ANOTHER waiver to go to airborne (a signature from a Colonel), and this is what I have been told is the holdup. I have it documented that all of my medical issues are resolved, and I have already passed the airborne physical and have been cleared from my profile for my dislocated knee/cellulitis; there is a small likelihood that I could lose my contract, but I have been told that this is doubtful by airborne school cadre.
On a side note, my time in airborne hold is motivating the hell out of me. The tedium of Big Army life really isn't for me, and im glad that I'm getting the opportunity to serve with the best infantrymen out there when I eventually get to attend, suffer through, and thrive in, RASP.
11B
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Excellent. Stay our of trouble over the holidays. Keep us informed of your progress and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Letters from School”