SITREP- Christian

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Juggernaut
Embryo

SITREP- Christian

Post by Juggernaut »

Hello Rangers,
It has been 3 months since my last post. I made it through basic with no problems whatsoever. It was not what I expected, I was expecting it to be much harder. The harder parts were the Ft. Jackson weather which made it to the single digits at one point, hurrying up and waiting, and dealing with kids who shouldn't have joined the Army. My last pt score was a 266. 81 push-ups, 67 sit-ups, and a 14:30 2 mile. I know I need work on my run but unfortunately at basic we only ran 1 agr a week for a distance of 2.25 miles and 60/120's once a week for about 30 mins. They would not let us run on sundays bc there were no Drill Sgt. to watch us. Running twice, and sometimes once a week was a joke.
I have now been at AIT at fort Huachuca for 2 weeks and am alternating days between running and lifting. The altitude up here kicked my ass the first couple times running but I am now getting acclimated and pushing myself harder than ever. Im also now focusing on running longer distances and eventually working my way up to 6-7 mile runs. I'm pushing for that 300 by the time I leave here. Overall, all is well and I am focused as ever trying to be the best I can be and making it to the 75th.
-Christian
Just keep reminding yourself, if it was easy, everyone would do it.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP- Christian

Post by Jim »

Christian, Great SITREP. I expect great things from you. How are you doing with the classwork? Keep up your PT and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Juggernaut
Embryo

Re: SITREP- Christian

Post by Juggernaut »

Thanks for the advice Vince11. I have found a few other soldiers here with opt 40's and we all seem to have our minds in the right place and focused on the big picture. Last Friday we ran 4 miles in 38 minutes, not close to where it needs to be at but definitely a start. The mountains are closed right now because of bear and mountain lion sightings, but as soon as they open up a few ruck marches are for sure on the agenda.

Ranger Jim, I passed the first test fairly easily and have now started on our second course. At this point it is still new, but I am picking it up fairly well. As long as I maintain my focus and work hard I should be just fine. I'm not sure if it is talk to scare us or not but the platoon Sergeants say there is usually a 30% recycle rate. I'm not going to be another statistic. We have our 1st PT test next week. I will be sure to post after that to let you all know how I did.
-Christian
Just keep reminding yourself, if it was easy, everyone would do it.

Return to “Letters from School”