SITREP - Adam

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
salvador209
Embryo

SITREP - Adam

Post by salvador209 »

Greetings Rangers, fellow members, etc.

On 06MAY2015, I graduated my AIT from Fort Gordon with honors - my diploma says Distinguished Graduate, the result of a lot of work and integrity. My time at AIT was tireless and frustrating dealing with peers and others, but now that I became MOS-Qualified (25C), that now makes me an official, full fledged soldier. And I couldn't have been more proud.

The next day, 07MAY2015, I departed for the U.S. Army Airborne School at Fort Benning, GA. After that Friday and the weekend preparing and getting ready, I passed the PT Test which was actually a lot easier than others had been making out to be. That same day in the evening, we all had a meeting with the Ranger liason here at Benning where we got our packing lists and a counseling statement offering us the last chance to drop out of RASP. Being steadfast and determined I chose to drive on and not quit, especially when we haven't even started. However, there were quite a bit of quitters right then, and those who didn't quit at that time that I talk to plan on wanting to somehow drop it when they get there. When I enlisted and had the chance to become something greater than myself, I took that decision seriously.

Now, according to ATRRS, it looks like I'd be starting RASP around 27JUL2015, well over a month after my Airborne graduation in two weeks. Not too sure at this point, we'll just have to wait and see. But in the meantime, I'm doing what I can to prepare myself physically and mentally for the tasks to come. "Never quit" has become my mantra, and I plan on finishing this fight, no matter what it takes.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: SITREP - Adam

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Good Sitrep, keep working on your PT & stay focused on your goal.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Congrats on achieving your goals in AIT Soldier!

You did not mention time-line for attending Pre - RASP. Regardless, looking forward to your future sitreps Adam.
Never, never quit.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

I COULD HAVE BEEN A RANGER, BUT......

Don't ever put yourself in a place where you say those words! Never, ever quit at ANYTHING.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Great SITREP, Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

How are you doing at Jump school? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
salvador209
Embryo

Post by salvador209 »

Ranger Jim,

Currently coming to the end of the 4 day weekend for Memorial Day. Refresher training tomorrow afternoon. We do our first jump on Tuesday. We have 2 jumps scheduled then, 2 on Wednesday, and 1 on Friday, one of which is supposed to be a combat jump, and no night jumps. I'm expected to graduate this Friday. But in the meantime, I've been keeping myself out of trouble and mentally preparing for what's ahead.
salvador209
Embryo

Post by salvador209 »

UPDATE!

Successfully graduated Airborne School and got my wings today. First 3 jumps were good, but my last 2 sucked--not hurt, but I finally know what the feet-ass-head landing feels like. We were really rushing it this week due to weather issues. I head over to Pre-RASP on Tuesday. Just going to be doing a little exercise and making sure my packing list is on point.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

salvador209 wrote:UPDATE!

Successfully graduated Airborne School and got my wings today. First 3 jumps were good, but my last 2 sucked--not hurt, but I finally know what the feet-ass-head landing feels like. We were really rushing it this week due to weather issues. I head over to Pre-RASP on Tuesday. Just going to be doing a little exercise and making sure my packing list is on point.

Congratulations Paratrooper! Okay now, but stay focused on your 25meter goal of being a Ranger.
Stay out of trouble, keep your P.T. going. Take these few days before Pre-RASP to heal up any nagging small injuries & never, never quit salvador209.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
salvador209
Embryo

Post by salvador209 »

Today I got to Pre-RASP. In processed, got my blue book and rules packet. I have 7 weeks until next class, adequate time to get ready. Quite a few from our group have already quit. Time to hold onto my sanity and keep on trucking
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

salvador209 wrote:Today I got to Pre-RASP. In processed, got my blue book and rules packet. I have 7 weeks until next class, adequate time to get ready. Quite a few from our group have already quit. Time to hold onto my sanity and keep on trucking
Keep up your PT. Watch over training, the last thing you need is overuse injuries.

In 7 weeks you should have the blue book damn near memorized.

Do not do any stupid shit on your down time. If you feel a twinge of worry before you head out with some of the dudes you're with in holdover DON'T GO WITH THEM. Follow your gut.

Keep us posted.
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Adam, I do not recall you telling us how old you are, but in the past we have lost a number of future soldiers who got in trouble for under-aged drinking. Take care and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Jim wrote:Adam, I do not recall you telling us how old you are, but in the past we have lost a number of future soldiers who got in trouble for under-aged drinking. Take care and never, never quit!
X's 2, I completely agree with Ranger Jim (above post).

All your dreams fly/drive away with the MP's.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
salvador209
Embryo

Post by salvador209 »

Ranger Jim and Ranger Steadfast, yeah, I'm not the age to be drinking. Either way, none of us here, 21+ or not, can drink as that's a violation of the rules here.

It's been a few weeks now, Pre-RASP is exactly what everyone has said it's been: slow, boring. Sitting on rocks all day, raking and sweeping the rocks, and conducting various details. As of late, our Pre-RASP class has been getting scuffed up by account of a few people's mistakes. Given that this last week was the Ranger Rendezvous, there was a close watch on us given how the Regiment and past rangers were on our footprint. Suddenly, we've been cycling through class leaders and conducting bay inspections to perfection. PT is definitely something you have to do on your own. While you can start with a 180 APFT score, you really don't want that. I mean I'm told by cadre, RASP is easily physically, it's about being able to endure. Never settle for less.

For anyone that's coming to RASP, Option 40 or volunteer, it really strongly behooves you to study the entirety of the Ranger Creed with the breaks (and not the Handbook's version "of the Rangers"), I suggest looking on YouTube for someone's RASP graduation and practicing and studying off of that. It will go a long way, because Phase 1 and 2 Cadre are always watching us, and it could be an easy or hard class dependant on what you do in Pre-RASP. Not to mention, getting an "Airborne Ranger in the Sky," it's a tradition to remember your fallen and keep them alive through their story. The 75th on Facebook often posts obituaries, and other sites like http://leadthewayfund.org are great resources where you can find many. Find one, study him, and scrutinize for more information. You'll need to know everything about him, even his high school, mascot, sports played, interests, it's all the little things that count here. Not just for your Airborne Ranger in the Sky, but also here in Pre-RASP. Actually taking your time to study in the day, wearing your uniform correctly, putting effort in your smoke sessions if the Creed is messed up (actually know it!), picking up the chairs in the RDF for chow... I could go on. But you need to be serious about this. You have to show that you want this. I got called upon by cadre for being highly motivated and showing my commitment, and insisting others follow in my shoes.

And that's why I'm putting this here. Just square yourselves away, have your packing list straight, move with a sense of urgency and do what you're told and you can't be wrong.

Otherwise, final packing list layout next week, and we don't class up for another month. We've got way over the maximum amount for a class right now, so we'll see what happens. Leave rumors are going crazy right now given that July 4th is coming up. I'm honestly expecting nothing but hoping for the best. We'll just have to wait and see.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I met Sgt James J Regan (KIA FEB '07) father who started up "LeadThe Way fund" is a good man. A race in lower Manhattan called "Run down Hero's Highway is done late Oct each year. Several Rangers including my self from ArmyRanger.com are in attendence. Cadets from USMA also attend as do former class mates from his college's La Crosse Team
Damn good day by all generally.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Letters from School”