Communication during RASP

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
6xBlessed
Embryo

Communication during RASP

Post by 6xBlessed »

Hello all. I joined the site last week and posted an introduction. My son is graduating from OSUT on 10/4 and will be going onto Airborne and RASP. I am curious, it seems like there are posts from soldiers in the middle of RASP. Are you allowed more communication, or even some leave time, during that eight weeks? I guess I assumed that there would be no hearing from him at all. Thank you. I saw him for Family Weekend and he did read a lot of the posts on my phone. We were not able to get good internet access to use the laptop. I am hoping he can sign up during graduation weekend.
Johnna
Proud Mom of six,including a son currently at OSUT in GA, going to RASP after graduation in October
Lennie Small
Inprocessing

Re: Communication during RASP

Post by Lennie Small »

In my class you were allowed to keep your cell phone from the beginning. May be one of those policies that change from class to class. Not allowed to use it or carry it during the duty day. After you've been released for the day you can use your phone or walk over to the Sayers Library and use their computers and what not.
A co 3/75

If one's sword is broken, he will strike with his hands. If his hands are cut off, he will press the enemy down with his shoulders. If his shoulders are cut away, he will bite through ten or fifteen enemy necks with his teeth. Courage is such a thing.-- Hagakure

Return to “About RASP”