Its hard not to brag when they graduate...

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
SilentService
USN Veteran

Its hard not to brag when they graduate...

Post by SilentService »

Well it’s been an interesting couple of months and his lanky ass has been changed from civilian, to soldier to (IMHO) an incredibly fit endurance warrior that wholeheartedly believes in what all you Rangers stand for.

So graduation is upon us and next Friday February 8th 2013 time undetermined (or not communicated to him) his amazingly proud family will watch him get that scroll. He told me today “Dad it’s like this amazing weight has been lifted off my shoulders; I have wanted this since I was 11”. Naturally he has passed everything, no retesting needed, didn't have a single bad peer review and not one counseling statement so it is 99% set.

As we have all been conditioned to do, I am doing recon for info. I did a search on the forum, Ft. Bennings site, and looked for anything stickyed but I just didn't see anything besides a mention of “freedom Hall”, and I know how tiring redundant questions can become.
If anyone has the time can you give me perhaps:

building #.

Best route in just highway exit # I can follow signs from there.

Can we video tape it?

How fast the auditorium fills up (ok that’s just greedy, the other three would be great though)
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Its hard not to be brag when they graduate...

Post by Jim »

"Well done." reads the signal lamp, as it flashes across the seas.

Someone who is at Benning can answer this better than me, but I know you are proud.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Re: Its hard not to brag when they graduate...

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Freedom Hall didn't exist when I was there, but I believe it is down by the airfield. Now that Benning is a closed post, you have to check in and get a visitors driving pass. At that time I'm sure they can give you directions.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi

Return to “About RASP”